University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by cat_cat
For economics I'm guessing, OCR

Oh, im on Edexcel. Hopefully they bring up questions based on the 2012 budget so we can have outside knowledge.. How do you revise for economics anyway once youve got the content?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1261
Original post by daniellaUS
Firmed Kent. Was really hard to choose between the likes of birmingham and nottingham as they are twice as big. However kent had that 'feel' to it, that made it feel like home like many people have said on here + HEYY only a few miles to the beach!
My course is american and english lit with film studies AAB. Applied for accommodation at tyler court b and c and new keynes college as main preferences.
wish they'd let you know before august whether you got it, like other unis.

anyone else?:^_^::^_^:

No one is doing your exact course but there is a few doing English and American Lit c: *pokes first post spoilers*
*nods* I had the feeling to! Kent won over Nottingham >< But I'm sure I'll love Kent more!
Also BEACH TRIPS!
Reply 1262
Original post by PPF
Hmmm... Nah im not to good with making or using household equipment. The heaviest i currently use is up to 40kg so by then i should progress more so upto 50 kg would be good. Maybe theres a proper gym nearby elsewhere?

I'm sure they'll be a few "proper" Gym's in canterbury for you (;
... Google it! c:
Reply 1263
Original post by PPF
Oh, im on Edexcel. Hopefully they bring up questions based on the 2012 budget so we can have outside knowledge.. How do you revise for economics anyway once youve got the content?

Yeah that would be good, on OCR for the final paper you get the case studies now, like a pre stimulus, oursis based around the monetery policy committe and china. I revise mostly by doing past papers (especially the long essay questions), consolidate my notes in terms of each topics and use the specification to make sure I know everything I should :smile:
Original post by Onique
No one is doing your exact course but there is a few doing English and American Lit c: *pokes first post spoilers*
*nods* I had the feeling to! Kent won over Nottingham >< But I'm sure I'll love Kent more!
Also BEACH TRIPS!

Yes 100% glad to hear it!
Original post by PPF
Hmmm... Nah im not to good with making or using household equipment. The heaviest i currently use is up to 40kg so by then i should progress more so upto 50 kg would be good. Maybe theres a proper gym nearby elsewhere?

A couple of gyms in Canterbury I know of, both not too far off campus - certainly not far if you live in Hales Place in 2nd/3rd year. One next to Sainsburys and a DW sports fitness gym a little further away in of the retail parks around Asda. I don't know what their facilities are like, sorry :colondollar:
I really need some advice
I'm not sure whether to firm Kent
I've been looking at the posts and so many people are saying that Kent feels right...like choosing Kent over Nottingham
I can't make it on an open day, so can anyone please tell me exactly what Kent, Canterbury is like
I am soooooooo confused :frown:
Reply 1267
Original post by ********
I've been looking at the posts and so many people are saying that Kent feels right...like choosing Kent over Nottingham
I can't make it on an open day, so can anyone please tell me exactly what Kent, Canterbury is like

What Unis are you choosing between?

What feels right is an extremely subjective thing. If you're so confused you really do need to make it to an open day. No one else can tell you what's gonna be right for you.
Reply 1269
Hiya, applying for a Social Anthropology MA - has anyone got any inkling what the post-grad life is like and whether it mingles with undergrad life at all?
Hopefully firming Kent for Physics with Astrophysics :smile:
Reply 1271

Which course are you applying to? I personally really enjoyed my time at Kent - the city is tiny but full of pubs, cafes, restaurants and little shops, the campus is lovely, ArtsFest is a fantastic, huge festival that for some reason is never mentioned during open days :confused:

If you are looking to go clubbing all the time, there are three (apparently) good quality clubs, one of which is on campus - if you're looking for entertainment, the Gulbenkian is a really cool cinema/theatre, and there are loads of cool places in the city. If you want a friendly and supportive university, Kent is great for that :smile: At least, English and Computer Science are. I can't speak for the other faculties...
Original post by ebee
Which course are you applying to? I personally really enjoyed my time at Kent - the city is tiny but full of pubs, cafes, restaurants and little shops, the campus is lovely, ArtsFest is a fantastic, huge festival that for some reason is never mentioned during open days :confused:

If you are looking to go clubbing all the time, there are three (apparently) good quality clubs, one of which is on campus - if you're looking for entertainment, the Gulbenkian is a really cool cinema/theatre, and there are loads of cool places in the city. If you want a friendly and supportive university, Kent is great for that :smile: At least, English and Computer Science are. I can't speak for the other faculties...

I'm applying for Law :smile:
Original post by Onique
What Unis are you choosing between?

I've applied for Law
The uni's are between, Kent and Nottingham Trent. But Nottingham Trent does the sandwich thick course but ent is far better ranked than NTU
Original post by ebee

Is the uni multicultural. Have u come across any asians. I'm an asian myself and i actually get a bit scared asking this because i don't want anyone to take the wrong idea.
Reply 1275
Is the uni multicultural. Have u come across any asians. I'm an asian myself and i actually get a bit scared asking this because i don't want anyone to take the wrong idea.

Don't worry :smile: the university is very mixed - I think about 22% of the students are from overseas - and the united has such a strong exchange program with City University in Hong Kong that there is a dedicated college :smile: Something like 120 nationalities are represented. I don't know which part of Asia you mean, but there are people from everywhere!
Original post by ebee
Don't worry :smile: the university is very mixed - I think about 22% of the students are from overseas - and the united has such a strong exchange program with City University in Hong Kong that there is a dedicated college :smile: Something like 120 nationalities are represented. I don't know which part of Asia you mean, but there are people from everywhere!

Thanks for replying and not taking it the other way :smile:
I'm from London anyway...i meant like Indians
Thanks once again for answering :smile:
Original post by alikingo

Have done :smile: thanks

I live 20 minutes from Canterbury and have firmed Kent. I love the area and think it's a really good choice for anyone. The city is easy to navigate and it's busy without being insane. Hope you are happy whatever you chose :smile:
Reply 1279
anyone going to kent uni open day on wedneasday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending