The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maz :)
can anyone can tell me which accomodation is best out of the self-catered ones? for my first 2 choices im stuck between keynes flats, park wood flats and tyler court B & C and then i need to pick 2 without en suites aswell

i'd say pick keynes flats probably biased from me though.... as i stayed there this year. The kitckens are amazing in the keynes flats and if you don't mind sharing a bathroom with one person the Keynes town houses are really nice and literally 2 seconds from the flats! + they have a proper living room kitchen diner going on!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Not sure if i should post here but oh well, for all you who can't get accomodation we have a spare room available at number 2 Westerham Close, roughly 5 minute walk to nearest bus stop and a 15 minute walk to campus and town. Will be occupied by 3 males and 2 females all going into second year at Kent. House has 6 bedrooms, good kitchen, 2 bathrooms, large garden and drive for potential parking. Rent is £350 a month, not including other bills. Room will be available from July 1st and a deposit of £350 will need to be paid to the estate agents as well as an admin fee of £150. Contact me or my friend Jamie for anymore details at [email protected] or [email protected]. Or just talk to us on here :smile: WE ARE REALLY FRIENDLY! and we'll make sure to look after you on freshers week! I know most of you won't have confirmed or rejected accommodation yet but keep us in mind :smile:
I know some people are interested in this, so we're studying the following:
Politics and International Relations with French. Joint Honours
Social Anthropology.
History and Philosophy. Joint Honours.
Accounting and Finance.
English Literature.

Hope people are interested!
Reply 1322
Original post by Rob_mauler
i'd say pick keynes flats probably biased from me though.... as i stayed there this year. The kitckens are amazing in the keynes flats and if you don't mind sharing a bathroom with one person the Keynes town houses are really nice and literally 2 seconds from the flats! + they have a proper living room kitchen diner going on!

thanks for the reply:smile: ive decided on keynes flats as my first choice cos they look really nice and plus i want to do psychology which i think is based in keynes college so it would be quite convenient :tongue: i think im putting keynes town houses as my third choice and either tyler or park wood flats as second, do you know which is best out of those two? and also out of darwin college and darwin houses?
thanks for the reply:smile: ive decided on keynes flats as my first choice cos they look really nice and plus i want to do psychology which i think is based in keynes college so it would be quite convenient :tongue: i think im putting keynes town houses as my third choice and either tyler or park wood flats as second, do you know which is best out of those two? and also out of darwin college and darwin houses?

Psychology is indeed around there, keynes is also close to in my opinion the best bar: K bar, and near to venue and attic and bus stops! about 5 mins from them all, i don't like park wood personally: first night experience, it's a maze!.... it depends what Tyler you're in cos A's ok B/s a s erious of massive corridors! erm i've only been in Darwin houses and they're really nice a bit like Keynes, i've never been in the houses so can't vouch for them! Keynes houses are nice! When do you get your confirmed accomodation out of interest? Cos if you're Keynes and anyone else who's Keynes me and friends are running the Keynes barcrawl in Freshers, it's going to be epic!
Reply 1324
Original post by Rob_mauler
Psychology is indeed around there, keynes is also close to in my opinion the best bar: K bar, and near to venue and attic and bus stops! about 5 mins from them all, i don't like park wood personally: first night experience, it's a maze!.... it depends what Tyler you're in cos A's ok B/s a s erious of massive corridors! erm i've only been in Darwin houses and they're really nice a bit like Keynes, i've never been in the houses so can't vouch for them! Keynes houses are nice! When do you get your confirmed accomodation out of interest? Cos if you're Keynes and anyone else who's Keynes me and friends are running the Keynes barcrawl in Freshers, it's going to be epic!

sounds good :P but not sure when we get accomodation confirmed i think its after results though.
hmm, i probably won't put park wood then i didn't really like the houses there at the open day anyway i just wasn't sure about the flats cos we didn't get to see them. not sure about what order to put down but the others sound nice il need to have another look i think but thanks for the advice :smile:
sounds good :P but not sure when we get accomodation confirmed i think its after results though.
hmm, i probably won't put park wood then i didn't really like the houses there at the open day anyway i just wasn't sure about the flats cos we didn't get to see them. not sure about what order to put down but the others sound nice il need to have another look i think but thanks for the advice :smile:

No problem! let me know how you do and where you get!
Reply 1326
I have just made Kent my insurance choice for Biomedical Science :smile:
im proper scared haha i dont even know why
god i need to relax seriously gunna give myself grey hair /:
Made Kent my firm offer for English and American Literature with Creative Writing and a Year Abroad :biggrin: can't wait so excited!
made kent my firm choice with international business with a year abroad :smile: anyone else doing a business degree?
Reply 1330
Made Kent my firm choice, business admin :smile:

Original post by chanellec
made kent my firm choice with international business with a year abroad :smile: anyone else doing a business degree?

Me! :smile:
Reply 1331
Firmed Kent for Biology [=
Reply 1332
I'm actually so excited for all you prospective first years! I'm just finishing my first year at Kent and doing English and American Lit. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help :smile:
Original post by oli_042
Made Kent my firm choice, business admin :smile:

Me! :smile:

woo im so excited to start at kent, its such a nice uni :smile: are you living on campus?
Original post by Deema
I'm actually so excited for all you prospective first years! I'm just finishing my first year at Kent and doing English and American Lit. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help :smile:

are you living on campus? if you are where did you stay and how do you generally find the accommodation? i'm so exited to start kent!
Reply 1335
are you living on campus? if you are where did you stay and how do you generally find the accommodation? i'm so exited to start kent!

Yes I live in Keynes Catered accommodation. It's expensive, but it's all newly refurbished. I would advise Keynes self-catered flats. They are the best in my opinion and always plenty of parties going on! You'll have a great time :biggrin:
Original post by Deema
Yes I live in Keynes Catered accommodation. It's expensive, but it's all newly refurbished. I would advise Keynes self-catered flats. They are the best in my opinion and always plenty of parties going on! You'll have a great time :biggrin:

i put keynes self-catered as my first preference of accommodation so hopefully i get that, they're soo nice! how have you found kent uni in general? ive heard so many good things about it!
Reply 1337
i put keynes self-catered as my first preference of accommodation so hopefully i get that, they're soo nice! how have you found kent uni in general? ive heard so many good things about it!

It's fantastic, I can't praise it enough! This past year has been the best year of my life. You learn so much when you go to uni, and definitely not just on your course. I don't know how to explain what an experience it is, you just have to come and see for yourself! It's a university that has a campus that makes it feel like a little community, but at the same time the student body is HUGE. I don't know if there's a uni quite like it in the UK!
Original post by Deema
It's fantastic, I can't praise it enough! This past year has been the best year of my life. You learn so much when you go to uni, and definitely not just on your course. I don't know how to explain what an experience it is, you just have to come and see for yourself! It's a university that has a campus that makes it feel like a little community, but at the same time the student body is HUGE. I don't know if there's a uni quite like it in the UK!

wow that sounds amazing! definitely making me so glad i firmed kent :smile: when i visited kent for the first time i fell in love with it, makes me so excited about september. just have to make sure i get the grades haha :/ is canterbury a nice town? ive never been into like the town centre or anything but the bits i have seen, it looks so nice!
wow that sounds amazing! definitely making me so glad i firmed kent :smile: when i visited kent for the first time i fell in love with it, makes me so excited about september. just have to make sure i get the grades haha :/ is canterbury a nice town? ive never been into like the town centre or anything but the bits i have seen, it looks so nice!

I've visited the town and it's lovely. It's got lots of fast food places and is quite friendly overall. Nice atmosphere :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending