The Student Room Group

PSYA4 27TH JAN 2012- Schizophrenia, Aggression, Research Methods

Is anyone doing PSYA4 and specifically studying Schizophrenia, Aggression, Research Methods? If so, comment below so we can get revising!

Scroll to see replies

I ammm, however I'm studying Schizophrenia, Media Psychology & Research Methods, isn't Agression on PSYA3?
Reply 2
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I ammm, however I'm studying Schizophrenia, Media Psychology & Research Methods, isn't Agression on PSYA3?

Woops, I meant 'Addictive behavior'!

I'm not sure whether you were part of the PSYA2 thread on here? But I found it so useful to discuss answers and the content together. Perhaps we could do the same!
Original post by hhh123
Woops, I meant 'Addictive behavior'!

I'm not sure whether you were part of the PSYA2 thread on here? But I found it so useful to discuss answers and the content together. Perhaps we could do the same!

I dont think I was but yeah! it'd be very useful I think,
I'm studying media behaviour though, and I wish we were doing addictive behaviour :frown:
Reply 4
I found the PSYA2 thread so helpful. Just before the exam everyone was commenting and explaining things to one another! So hopefully a few more people will join this thread as time comes on!

I'm doing the schizophrenia model at the moment. Let me know when you start that!
Addictive behavior isn't too bad. I have had a quick flick through the Media section and I'm very sorry to down you but It doesn't look pleasant! I think there is much more to learn! -_-

How did you do in AS Psychology?
Original post by hhh123
I found the PSYA2 thread so helpful. Just before the exam everyone was commenting and explaining things to one another! So hopefully a few more people will join this thread as time comes on!

I'm doing the schizophrenia model at the moment. Let me know when you start that!
Addictive behavior isn't too bad. I have had a quick flick through the Media section and I'm very sorry to down you but It doesn't look pleasant! I think there is much more to learn! -_-

How did you do in AS Psychology?

the media side does seem extremely interesting too though so I dont mind, I got a B, 79.5%, so I was .5 off an A, waiting back on a remark of PSYA2 atm :P how about you?
Im doing schizophrenia and research methods, dont know what the 3rd topic is (eating disorders maybe?)
Original post by MissLightyear
Im doing schizophrenia and research methods, dont know what the 3rd topic is (eating disorders maybe?)

eating behaviour is on psya3 too, I think the options you could be doing are media, addiction and parapsychology
eating behaviour is on psya3 too, I think the options you could be doing are media, addiction and parapsychology

Oh right, we were told all the modules for both so ive probably mixed them up! Were on schizophrenia now anyway, have an essay on the biological explanations in for thursday but I need to see my teacher as the A02 and the whole debate points confuse me :/
Reply 9
Original post by MissLightyear
Oh right, we were told all the modules for both so ive probably mixed them up! Were on schizophrenia now anyway, have an essay on the biological explanations in for thursday but I need to see my teacher as the A02 and the whole debate points confuse me :/

I've just done a 25 mark essay on the biological explanations of schizophrenia. I got 20/25 which is an A thankfully!
For the A02/A03 I was told by my teachers to consider the ethical issues. For example how it is not the schizophrenics fault as the cause is probably down to genetics/dopamine etc.........
The Biological explanation isn't my favorite though! I prefer the social one!

the media side does seem extremely interesting too though so I dont mind, I got a B, 79.5%, so I was .5 off an A, waiting back on a remark of PSYA2 atm :P how about you?

That's great, well done! Hopefully you'll be able to get it up to an A anyway in A2.
I got an A in PSYA2 but then a C in PSYA1, so it came out as a B overall. However I am resitting PSYA1 this Jan to try and get that mark up to an A/B! Aiming for an A in the overall A Level though so fingers crossed!
I am :smile:

Schizophrenia topic is quite full on with symptoms and all the theoies.
Reply 11
Original post by MindlessRobot
I am :smile:

Schizophrenia topic is quite full on with symptoms and all the theoies.

Carry on with this thread!!! I'm not sure whether you were part of PSYA2 but I found it really useful. Would be great to revise with all you guys again for PSYA4.

I'm also doing Schizophrenia. I'm finding it okay at the moment although I absolutely hate and do not understand the Dopamine hypothesis :frown:
Original post by hhh123
Carry on with this thread!!! I'm not sure whether you were part of PSYA2 but I found it really useful. Would be great to revise with all you guys again for PSYA4.

I'm also doing Schizophrenia. I'm finding it okay at the moment although I absolutely hate and do not understand the Dopamine hypothesis :frown:

Lol, yes I would love to stay with this thread (anything that helps)

I have no idea with all the PSY... so sorry not topo sure exactly which I am doing.

Oh cool, I'm glad your following it more than me lol.
Hm...that's quite simple isn't it...Is it not essentially saying that, a schizophrenic has higher levels of dopamine in their brains and that this is the cause of schizophrnia?
There are two theories though...one that says that too much dopamine is fired and the other saying that a schizphrenic has more dopamine receptors so therefore more of the dopamine is like sucked in//something like that if that makes sese :s
Reply 13
Original post by MindlessRobot
Lol, yes I would love to stay with this thread (anything that helps)

I have no idea with all the PSY... so sorry not topo sure exactly which I am doing.

Oh cool, I'm glad your following it more than me lol.
Hm...that's quite simple isn't it...Is it not essentially saying that, a schizophrenic has higher levels of dopamine in their brains and that this is the cause of schizophrnia?
There are two theories though...one that says that too much dopamine is fired and the other saying that a schizphrenic has more dopamine receptors so therefore more of the dopamine is like sucked in//something like that if that makes sese :s

Yeah something along the lines of what you said! I am coming to revise the dopamine hypothesis again soon. So hopefully I will 'click' then. However I fully understand the genetic studies so hopefully I can just write about those instead! (yn)
Original post by hhh123
Yeah something along the lines of what you said! I am coming to revise the dopamine hypothesis again soon. So hopefully I will 'click' then. However I fully understand the genetic studies so hopefully I can just write about those instead! (yn)

Yeah it will probabaly lol.
Ah that's good, at least you get those. I find those a little more confusing, well not confusing as I understand them, I just have trouble remembering the research for them, like specific figures to quote etc
Original post by yucww210
very good well done

um what?

eee we're getting properly stuck into media now and it's so interestinggg :biggrin:
Finally found this thread. :biggrin: My college is making us do PSYA4 first in Jan, then PSYA3 in June
Reply 17
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Finally found this thread. :biggrin: My college is making us do PSYA4 first in Jan, then PSYA3 in June

Ah same which is quite annoying as we aren't able to revise with the majority of the other TSR-er because they're doing PSYA3!!!

What topics are you doing?
Original post by hhh123
Ah same which is quite annoying as we aren't able to revise with the majority of the other TSR-er because they're doing PSYA3!!!

What topics are you doing?

same as you two, apparently PSYA4 is harder so it's so we have a chance to retake it, love how confident our college are in us ;P
Reply 19
same as you two, apparently PSYA4 is harder so it's so we have a chance to retake it, love how confident our college are in us ;P

Haha same, are you doing Schizophrenia?
How'd you do in AS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending