The Student Room Group

How much memory is needed to record a 2 hour lecture?

I'm looking to buy a Dictaphone this week. I'm keeping my budget low and one thing I've noticed that adjusts the price is the memory of the dictaphone. My lectures will all be 2 hours this year so what kind of memory would I need to record 2 hours?

And how many lectures could a 2GB Dictaphone hold? I'll probably be uploading them twice a week, but I can be quite forgetful so if I was to forget for a while, would it hold, say, 12 hours?

Any recommendations on good ones, for that matter?
Original post by LemonSocks
Perfect. Thanks!

It's alright :smile: Its really a good idea to have one. As long as you keep each recording, you'll get to exam time and you'll have all the resources possible, and everyone else will be fumbling around with bits of paper :biggrin:
Reply 4

Do you think you'd need an external microphone to record the lectures or will it be ok without?

Also - with this one can you download the files on to a computer?

I'm a total noob at this kind of thing but definitely want one.

Also - does it use a tape? :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hana_87
Do you think you'd need an external microphone to record the lectures or will it be ok without?

Also - with this one can you download the files on to a computer?

I'm a total noob at this kind of thing but definitely want one.

Also - does it use a tape? :/

Well i don't have that exact one, but I have been told that if you sit reasonably near the front, and you don't sit next to noisy people then you will be fine but if your sat more towards the back with chatty people then your better off with a microphone.
Reply 6
Original post by LemonSocks
I'm looking to buy a Dictaphone this week. I'm keeping my budget low and one thing I've noticed that adjusts the price is the memory of the dictaphone. My lectures will all be 2 hours this year so what kind of memory would I need to record 2 hours?

And how many lectures could a 2GB Dictaphone hold? I'll probably be uploading them twice a week, but I can be quite forgetful so if I was to forget for a while, would it hold, say, 12 hours?

Any recommendations on good ones, for that matter?

Hi - did you get the dictaphone?
Reply 7
Original post by Hana_87
Hi - did you get the dictaphone?

Not yet. Still waiting on my loans. But hopefully I'll have it by my first lecture on Thursday so I can see how well it works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending