Why do I look so weird/ugly when I try and smile..

Watch
s_chuk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh man I'm sure there are countless procedures out there for endless $$$ that could somehow improve...but ugh, **** that costs several hundred and is only temporary is bonkers to me. I had so much hope before rhinoplasty. Once you do that not once but twice, then real hopelessness sets in. And lemme tell you the only thing worse than hating your real nose is hating one you had to buy from a doc. My nose has always looked ugly when smiling, but at least pre op it was totally fine from the front - just had a bump on the side I'd hated my whole life. I'd kill to go back in time and make the decision again - because I'd never imagined I'd have to worry so much about how it looks from the front. It's just like twisted and not straight. Some overhead lighting makes it look horrifying and now I can't see a light in public without trying to step out of it.
lol, I could go on and on and on about this topic alone since this is the **** I'm stuck thinking about every single day. but I'll stop myself. I don't really believe I have BDD...I do happen to have an ED and hate my body just as much as my face....I'm definitely obsessive over my flaws but I still think I see them how they are
Ethan246
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow you really need to be one of those ****ing types of people.. disgusting... there are people out there being killed and raped and you complain about some ****ing guy concerned with his smile
Lava~Chan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's true!! Same happens with me. When I smile then my nose become so wider cuz I have a flat and a wide nose, and bad teeth, but I look fine when I from the side angle but when I look normal then it looks like I'm angry cuz of my freaking flat nose, I'm thinking of changing my nose's shape and make it look thinner and printer by nose job...
FangirlWorld
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay. All of you saying it could be ****ing worse. Shut the **** up, will you? We know it could be worse. But people have this thing called ‘anxiety’, not sure if you’ve ever heard of it and ‘low self esteem’. Ring a bell? So sure it could be ****ing worse but this person obviously doesn’t like the way they look and that’s okay. They might just have to learn that everyone it beautiful and if people don’t agree you can punch them in the face.
Najib kano
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hmm they don't describe between smile with mouth and eyes smiling by eyes pass any smile but if u will following your mouth, so you will always ugly, good luck.
curly_xox
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
one time i was a model for a day, and after makeup session the photographer told me to pose and I smiled and she was like,
Polarvimto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I'm honest I'm probably not the best person to judge you on looks tbh I'm probably around a 3 or 4 I'm pretty self conscious and I used to feel the exact same way but this isn't something for you to hold onto if you think about it your more likely to notice it but "why do I exist" if anything I should be asking that 3-4 years with an abusive stepfather and now care it's not been good but I'm still going strong because of my siblings I'd I break down its over even though this situation is ****** things have hit the floor for me so I don't see how I can fall too much further ok I am probably going on a bit but still there are things you can do if you feel that way give yourself a new image I mean that seemed to work for me just don't commit
KawaiiNekoVert
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I Soul I - That doesn't really help her/his question at all. If you want to be cynical, go somewhere else.
Tanvj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are you Saying?I was wondering the same thing and then I read your comment :O
I can relate
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OMG SAME MY SMILE IS LIKE THAT TOO but with me when i naturally smile i look quite nice maybe just try not to force it uno i bet ur beautiful in ur own way x
Last edited by I can relate; 2 years ago
Zack Randall
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your response to this question is what is known as "Emotional Invalidation". According to you, if something makes him feel bad, he should "Shut Up" and "Stop Feeling Bad" because other people may have worse in perspective, and because they do, he is not allowed to feel bad. You would rather have him suppress his bad feelings about his smile. Responses like yours cause soo much emotional destruction.
(Original post by I Soul I)
Shut up.

Theres people with god knows what deformites in the world, and your complaining because when you smile you think you don't look nice?
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He said stop complaining about your looks when others have it worse.
You can worry about your looks but keep it to yourself no one wants to hear that bullsh*t honestly.
bob12345654654
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
obvi things could be worse but like i mean it sucks to not be confident about your smile.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bob12345654654)
obvi things could be worse but like i mean it sucks to not be confident about your smile.
This thread is 8 years old...
username1060297
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just cannot smile! When I try...I look weird! My nose widens and my eyes and mouth look weird...this hinders my confidence!!

And my teeth generally do not show when I talk!
And my nose is big!

I look alright though when I keep a straight face or when I do a faint smile.

But why am I so deformed when I smile??

The only time I probably look ok is when im laughing cuz my teeth shows then..even then I dont know because I've never really seen my self laughing in the mirror.

EVERYONE i've EVER seen and known...their teeth shows when they talk/smile and they can smile normally without even trying...but what is wrong with my ****ed face??
I look stupid when I smile too
Aryanjfjdj
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Even I face the same problem, it's my nose it's crooked I look like a Goblin when I smile, I am planning to get my nose fixes after 18
DR USMAN
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
iam suffering same problem
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
This thread is 8 years old...
I wonder how the OP is doing 9 years from now...
TSKR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just cannot smile! When I try...I look weird! My nose widens and my eyes and mouth look weird...this hinders my confidence!!

And my teeth generally do not show when I talk!
And my nose is big!

I look alright though when I keep a straight face or when I do a faint smile.

But why am I so deformed when I smile??

The only time I probably look ok is when im laughing cuz my teeth shows then..even then I dont know because I've never really seen my self laughing in the mirror.

EVERYONE i've EVER seen and known...their teeth shows when they talk/smile and they can smile normally without even trying...but what is wrong with my ****ed face??
I think I am ugly I mean who wouldn’t Name:  ABC2545B-A3DB-4954-B050-326993F65984.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  98.4 KBI mean just look at me
I am sure you look fine
Apurv144
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
WTF i have the exact same thing ... literally exact .... big nose ..wierd smile face ... and most importantly ... my teeth dosent show up when i talk or smile ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (622)
48.9%
No (650)
51.1%

Watched Threads