Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    'The word racist means to the anti-racists: Whites (not offensive) bullying or saying anything against non-whites'

So you withdraw that comment then?
    Racism is to do with any race, there is no such thing as a definition for racism/anti-racism only talking about white people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    True, its hardly strange for a group of asian teens to be hanging out with eachother.

I don't see the racist motive - they jst ebat up a person, who happened to be white, as mot in Britain are.

To say its racism is silly - unless there was evidence of good suggestion that it was.
    Just seems strange to be. I'd be more concerned about the fact that someone actually stuck a knife through another person's temple than the skin colour of the people involved to be honest. But yes of course, any racially motivated attack or racism in any shape or form should be criticised, regardless of the skin colour of the perpretrator/victim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Racism is to do with any race, there is no such thing as a definition for racism/anti-racism only talking about white people.
    Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    No way, I should've made clear that the anti-racists weren't real anti-racists. Maybe speech marks would've done the job.
    You're just confusing me now.

Are you referring to a particular person or grouping of people who you consider to be 'unreal anti-racists'?

ReputationRep:
    Well I can only speak for myself but I personally didn't 'miss it'.
    You weren't very verbose in condeming it either were you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    You weren't very verbose in condeming it either were you?
    It was never posted on this board. I can only respond on this board to things which are posted on this board.

ReputationRep:
    Just seems strange to be. I'd be more concerned about the fact that someone actually stuck a knife through another person's temple than the skin colour of the people involved to be honest. But yes of course, any racially motivated attack or racism in any shape or form should be criticised, regardless of the skin colour of the perpretrator/victim.
    True - they can't go around calling any attack that involves people of different races as "racially motivated abuse".

Its just ridiculous, there is bound to be thugs who stab/beat up/injure eachother from different races.

I mean, its blatantly obvious - on rough estates where such things go on most commonly, theres usually a fairly high % of people from ethnic minorities, especially compared to more middle class (safe) areas.

Unless there was evidence or witnesses to say that "i heard those asian guys saying, 'lets beat up that white b*tard, i despise whites'" then its ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Because it was never posted in a thread on this board before. I can only reply to things which are posted.
    No. You can start your own thread you know. Just hit the "new thread" button. Not difficult.

ReputationRep:
    You're just confusing me now.

Are you referring to a particular person or grouping of people who you consider to be 'unreal anti-racists'?
    I can't remember who he was but there was a man who all I can remember did not have white skin and he was saying Kilroy should be sacked because of what he said, yet what he said was in my opinion, the truth. It didn't seem right.

I heard a few years ago they have/were talking of not allowing us to buy hot cross buns as to not offend the ethenic minorities. WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Stuff like that goes on around the country. What you get in the press you probably miss about 50 incidents.
    Nobody missed it when Lawrence was murdered in a racially motivated attack though did they?

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember who he was but there was a man who all I can remember did not have white skin and he was saying Kilroy should be sacked because of what he said, yet what he said was in my opinion, the truth. It didn't seem right.

I heard a few years ago they have/were talking of not allowing us to buy hot cross buns as to not offend the ethenic minorities. WTF?
    I like hot cross buns. Yum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I like hot cross buns. Yum.
    Exactly! How is it offending anybody, it's just food and to most they have no religious significance!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody missed it when Lawrence was murdered in a racially motivated attack though did they?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No because it was highlighted through the media.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! How is it offending anybody, it's just food and to most they have no religious significance!
    What's hot cross buns got to do with religion? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No. You can start your own thread you know. Just hit the "new thread" button. Not difficult.
    I've never started a thread in my entire time posting on this board. I just respond to the ones which are already there. I'm just lazy, I guess.

I don't see how this makes me difficult of double standards though. I've never started a thread about racism of any description (or anything else for that matter).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byakugan_neji)
    Well, it might not be racist. The Asian guys who beat up the White lad probably often hang around with other Asian guys and therefore, called them for backup. It doesn't mean that he went to find some Asians and said to them: 'there's some white guy who tried to jack me, lets go and beat him up'.
    *******s. You know as well as I do that if a group of whites stabbed an asian to death there would be absolutely no doubt that it would be portrayed as a racially motivated attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    What hot cross buns got to do with religion? :rolleyes:
    Easter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    What's hot cross buns got to do with religion? :confused:
    Relalted to Christianity because of the cross. And they're eaten at Easter

ReputationRep:
    I've never started a thread in my entire time posting on this board. I just respond to the ones which are already there. I'm just lazy, I guess.

I don't see how this makes me difficult of double standards though. I've never started a thread about racism of any description (or anything else for that matter).
    You made a thread when you wee unregistered though

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.