The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jhthed
I've submitted my application for MMORSE; PS geared towards Economics but a with a paragraph on mathematics. Would that be fine?

Should be fine, MMORSE are very accepting of quite a broad range of PS'. As far as I know they would prefer an all maths one to an all economics one, but I don't think yours will be a problem.

Out of interest, grades?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
Original post by joshgoldman
Should be fine, MMORSE are very accepting of quite a broad range of PS'. As far as I know they would prefer an all maths one to an all economics one, but I don't think yours will be a problem.

Out of interest, grades?

Igcse : 9A*
AS/A level : maths A* 98, physics A 100
Predictions : further maths A* physics A* economics A*
Reply 82
Original post by snow leopard
How quickly do Warwick give out acknowledgements?

I received mine a couple of days after my application was processed. In terms of Maths offers though, it looks like Warwick give them after 2-3 weeks after each 'acknowledgement' (reading from other posts and threads).
No MMORSE interviews yet? :frown: From what I've read around here, they hold interviews the Wednesday of each week for a couple of months where they basically tell people they get offers... is presence at this interview/open day mandatory? Can you still get an offer even if you are incapable of attending? btw, I am an EU student, if it makes any difference
Reply 84
Original post by freakonomist
No MMORSE interviews yet? :frown: From what I've read around here, they hold interviews the Wednesday of each week for a couple of months where they basically tell people they get offers... is presence at this interview/open day mandatory? Can you still get an offer even if you are incapable of attending? btw, I am an EU student, if it makes any difference

Interviews haven't started yet. Last year interviews were wednesdays in weeks 8-10 of term 1 and 3-8 term 2, so based on the same time as last year they should start in around 3 weeks. I didn't think that EU students had to attend interviews anyway, but that may have changed over the years...
Reply 85
Original post by Wraggy
Interviews haven't started yet. Last year interviews were wednesdays in weeks 8-10 of term 1 and 3-8 term 2, so based on the same time as last year they should start in around 3 weeks. I didn't think that EU students had to attend interviews anyway, but that may have changed over the years...

That would probably mean letters this coming week!
Thank you. Does anyone know, if they interview EU students for MMORSE? I've emailed them, but they're taking too much to respond...
Reply 87
They only interview students when it's convenient for them to travel over. So I doubt EU students will be interviewed, unless you happen to be studying in the UK.
Original post by Narev
They only interview students when it's convenient for them to travel over. So I doubt EU students will be interviewed, unless you happen to be studying in the UK.

That would be a relief, as it is quite expensive for me to get there...although I would like to visit the campus and the department. Do you know when EU students get their decisions? Is it at the same time the UK students get interview invitations, or do we have to wait for after the deadline?
Reply 89
I would do many things (edited from kill someone) for an interview letter to arrive tomorrow morning.
I applied for MMorse and I'm so scared, I'm not expecting an interview/offer for ages as everyone applying seems to be predicted straight A*s, I'm just hoping I'll still get one.
Reply 91
I also applied for MMORSE.from what I heard,mmorse is not like maths which they give many offers and give offers very quickly.everybody has to wait a long time for mmorse offers.It ois not that easy to get a mmorse offer
Reply 92
I know this is probably not a fair question to ask now, but for all of the (M)MORSE applicants - what do you see yourself doing after graduating - or rather, how do you see the MMORSE degree as? Eg, a degree to know more about Math / Stats / etc, or to get a career in finance...
Original post by Narev
I know this is probably not a fair question to ask now, but for all of the (M)MORSE applicants - what do you see yourself doing after graduating - or rather, how do you see the MMORSE degree as? Eg, a degree to know more about Math / Stats / etc, or to get a career in finance...

i dont know what i want to do but i see it as a degree i can do maths in and see if i like economics/stats/operational research to help me decide what i want to do after
Original post by Narev

I'm interested in the actuarial profession atm, but you never know...
Reply 95
Original post by like_a_star
i dont know what i want to do but i see it as a degree i can do maths in and see if i like economics/stats/operational research to help me decide what i want to do after

I agree with you.what mmorse can bring is the flexibility for chosing a career.
I am really worried about the structure of my personal statement for MORSE/Financial maths because i cant seem to find a structure for it. Could anyone suggest a possible way i could structure it???
Reply 97
Original post by Sinx2010ghana

Original post by Sinx2010ghana
I am really worried about the structure of my personal statement for MORSE/Financial maths because i cant seem to find a structure for it. Could anyone suggest a possible way i could structure it???

What other courses/universities are you applying to?
Reply 98
Offer for MMORSE! :P
Original post by ttoby
What other courses/universities are you applying to?

erm im applying for

MORSE-Warwick
Statistics and finance- LSE
financial mathematics- Lancaster
Maths with financial mathematics Manchester
Financial mathematics- Surrey

Quick Reply

Latest