Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for MMORE as well!

omg

so happy!

can't wait for everything else to fit in place now.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Totally Tom

omg

so happy!

congrats!! whats the conditions? and when did you send your ucas off?
Reply 122

omg

so happy!

Nice one m8! So ****in' pleased 4 ya.... Which halls u want? Gotta be Tokill or however you spell it!!
Reply 123

omg

so happy!

Congratulations on your offer for MMORE (lol). Are you an international applicant?
Original post by joshgoldman
Congratulations on your offer for MMORE (lol). Are you an international applicant?

yeh, I'm from Hong Kong!

Any other hong kong people on here?

my other applications are to:

Bath
LSE
Imperial
UCL

which you think are best?
Reply 125
yeh, I'm from Hong Kong!

Any other hong kong people on here?

my other applications are to:

Bath
LSE
Imperial
UCL

which you think are best?

Hong Kongese      \implies you will fit right in on MORSE.
Reply 126
Got an interview letter this morning!! :biggrin: yayy! so pleased...
Reply 127
Original post by Phoebe x
Got an interview letter this morning!! :biggrin: yayy! so pleased...

Congrats! When's the date of your interview?
Reply 128
Oooh now getting post really will be tense times :P
Yeah, I got the letter too, mine's on the 23rd November.

It says dress smart casual, and that the interviews are only 15mins each.

It sounds quite short, then again, it might just be a formality to see if we're normal.
It does say on their website that

'If you are called for interview, though, it is because we are quite likely to offer you a place'
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/courses/faq/#interview
Reply 130
Interview questions can ask simple questions on Economics (what do you understand by micro/macroeconomics?), Statistics (what is the difference between randomness and uncertainty?), or Mathematics.

One question that used to stump people was that:

Given a sequence ana_n which tends to a limit aa, and an0a_n \geq 0 for all nn, explain intuitively why a0a \geq 0.

Traditionally, people who couldn't do the Mathematics questions found it hard in MMORSE.
Reply 131
Minesn the 23rd too! So is it mainly academic questions or just a general interview?! :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by Narev
Interview questions can ask simple questions on Economics (what do you understand by micro/macroeconomics?), Statistics (what is the difference between randomness and uncertainty?), or Mathematics.

Given a sequence ana_n which tends to a limit aa, and an0a_n \geq 0 for all nn, explain intuitively why a0a \geq 0.

Traditionally, people who couldn't do the Mathematics questions found it hard in MMORSE.

Stop scaring people; I guarantee you they won't ask any academic questions.
i want an interview/offer or just anything!!
Reply 134
I've got an interview the 23rd as well any idea about the structure of it whether its academic questions or talking about our personal statement or what??
Reply 135
Original post by SEMAJTHORN
x

Original post by Phoebe x
x

Original post by tswift608
x

I had an interview last year and am reapplying (don't ask). Just relax about the interview. I'd say the only answers you need to prepare are for questions like:

"Why Warwick?"
"Why (M)MORSE?"

As long as you don't give retarded responses, you'll be fine. I think you have a presentation before your interview anyway - and in that presentation the guy actually says to you "unless you're an axe murderer, we'll give you an offer".

So seriously, relax! And congrautulations in advance for your offer :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 136
Original post by Ree69

Ok... I think this has gone far enough...

Totally Tom has been studying maths at Warwick for at least a couple of years. I'd be very worried if Narev's questions came up - I couldn't give a decent answer to the first two and the third is unfair for A-level students since they haven't learnt what a limit is.

Original post by Ree69
and in that presentation the guy actually says to you "unless you're not an axe murderer, we'll give you an offer".

That's implying that they only give offers to axe murderers?
Reply 137
Original post by ttoby
Ok... I think this has gone far enough...

Totally Tom has been studying maths at Warwick for at least a couple of years. I'd be very worried if Narev's questions came up - I couldn't give a decent answer to the first two and the third is unfair for A-level students since they haven't learnt what a limit is.

That's implying that they only give offers to axe murderers?

Sorry, I meant unless they were axe murderers :tongue:. Let me edit that :rolleyes:.
Original post by Narev

nice1.
Original post by Narev

Is this for real, this goes against everything else I've read on here about Morse interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest