Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Hahahaha :rolleyes:
    Tek, will you answer the question ive asked you a million times? Where are you planning on going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzy_vet)
    Why does everyone insist on generalising about 'state school people'. Its a small minority who may vandalise. You take the state school people who dont, the ones who care even a little bit, and stick them in Eton with all the top facilities and privaledges. Thye would love it.
    Well I've already told you, I'm talking about the minority. Most would be okay, but then I can think of a lot I wouldn't trust.

ReputationRep:
    Tek, will you answer the question ive asked you a million times? Where are you planning on going to uni?
    Paisley

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you know when all my UCAS choices have come through - probably this time next year.

ReputationRep:
    Thats quite contradictory. doesnt most and a lot mean kind of the same thing, but your talking baout different people. I agree that some people vandalise, its very annoying. But most of the time they probably feel whats there isnt worth vandalsing in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    But most of the time they probably feel whats there isnt worth vandalsing in the first place.
    So then why do they do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I'll let you know when all my UCAS choices have come through - probably this time next year.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Tek, you've made me into a rage against the machine fan. I think you should know that

ReputationRep:
    Everybody commenting apart from Happy sunshine is talking out of their backside.

'Oh if you put poor kids in Eton, they'd love it' *******S. You start public school when you are 13, their minds are already corrupted by 13. Often already drug addicts and having sex. My school (one of the most famous public schools in the country) got vistied all the time by mindless hooligans trying to wreck it, the only reason why it didnt get damaged badly was because the school could afford security.

Did anyone not watch the program 'restoration', it was quite apparent when historic buildings were run by the state they went to the shithouse or indeed the owners run out of money (in toher words what would happen if the state funded them). There is NO WAY in hell, the state could afford to run public schools. The cost to keep up the facilities is huge. Local councils cannot afford public swimming baths where I live, never mind swimming baths in a out of town coutnry location, tennis courts, golf courses, observatories, looking adter millions of pounds worth of art, tending to the public gardens, keping the rugby pitches in pristine conditon (and oh yes I have played rugby on s tate school pitches and they were ****)

None of you seem to realise there are bad people in the world, get a grip there are.

Some of you seem to think teachers are public schools are superior. thats BS. Most of my teachers were ****, we were just taught how to pass exams, nothing to do with the quality of the teachers.

The majority of you are basically jelous you havent been given the cahnce to go to a good school. Ok I feel for you, but life ISNT fair, the sooner you learn that the better. For socity to work we need people do do jobs others dont want to do, most of these come from poorly educated deprived backgrounds, then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Everybody commenting apart from Happy sunshine is talking out of their backside.

'Oh if you put poor kids in Eton, they'd love it' *******S. You start public school when you are 13, their minds are already corrupted by 13. Often already drug addicts and having sex. My school (one of the most famous public schools in the country) got vistied all the time by mindless hooligans trying to wreck it, the only reason why it didnt get damaged badly was because the school could afford security.

Did anyone not watch the program 'restoration', it was quite apparent when historic buildings were run by the state they went to the shithouse or indeed the owners run out of money (in toher words what would happen if the state funded them). There is NO WAY in hell, the state could afford to run public schools. The cost to keep up the facilities is huge. Local councils cannot afford public swimming baths where I live, never mind swimming baths in a out of town coutnry location, tennis courts, golf courses, observatories, looking adter millions of pounds worth of art, tending to the public gardens, keping the rugby pitches in pristine conditon (and oh yes I have played rugby on s tate school pitches and they were ****)

None of you seem to realise there are bad people in the world, get a grip there are.

Some of you seem to think teachers are public schools are superior. thats BS. Most of my teachers were ****, we were just taught how to pass exams, nothing to do with the quality of the teachers.

The majority of you are basically jelous you havent been given the cahnce to go to a good school. Ok I feel for you, but life ISNT fair, the sooner you learn that the better. For socity to work we need people do do jobs others dont want to do, most of these come from poorly educated deprived backgrounds, then so be it.
    WTF - Why would I be jealous of not going to a 'good' school? So then I could do what you just did then and spout off a load of rubbish? Yeah right so what if I don't go to a private school, does that mean I've smoked dope from the age of about 12 and am thick, and so incapable of doing jobs other people don't want to do? Yeh right... You shouldn't assume anything in life. And yeah I know there are 'bad' people in the world, probably more than you do.

It's true what someone else has said that the middle classes are the main users of drugs because then can afford it. Drug addictions are expensive habits. Don't sterotype people just because someone lives on a council estate doesn't give you the right to judge them... I seriously can't be bothered to argue about this, why don't you just take a look at the real world.

Life may not be fair, but you're a beyatch

No offence, but come on read your post back, talk about stereotyping...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

It's true what someone else has said that the middle classes are the main users of drugs because then can afford it. Drug addictions are expensive habits. Don't sterotype people just because someone lives on a council estate doesn't give you the right to judge them... I seriously can't be bothered to argue about this, why don't you just take a look at the real world.
    Middle classes don't cause as much crime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Middle classes don't cause as much crime.
    I never said they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I love the way your able to talk about it so bluntly, its only becasue your privaledged that you can. Most people in your position would feel glad, and try and understand other peoples points of views and feelings, but your obviously dont give a sh1t about other people. And by the way, they vandalise your posh public school because of people with attitudes like yours. You dont care about them, they dont care about you.

Give all the poor people the crap jobs, nice one. By the way, me and fishpaste are from 'crap' state schools, and weve got into oxbridge, so i wont be doing your sh1t jobs.

Oh, and Prince Edward visited our school to open the new swimming pool, and asked if it was private. Theyre not all **** holes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Prince Edward visited our school to open the new swimming pool, and asked if it was private. Theyre not all **** holes.
    Then it obviously isn't 'crap'.

ReputationRep:
    Give all the poor people the crap jobs, nice one. By the way, me and fishpaste are from 'crap' state schools, and weve got into oxbridge, so i wont be doing your sh1t jobs.

Nice contradiction, idiot girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Nice contradiction, idiot girl.
    I found it first! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I found it first! :mad:
    When I clicked reply your post wasn't there....mind you it's pretty obvious anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I love the way your able to talk about it so bluntly, its only becasue your privaledged that you can. Most people in your position would feel glad, and try and understand other peoples points of views and feelings, but your obviously dont give a sh1t about other people. And by the way, they vandalise your posh public school because of people with attitudes like yours. You dont care about them, they dont care about you.

Not all state schools are crap. Some are excellent. I think you will find I do give a **** about others, but I dont go around council estates vandalising peoples houses because I hate townies. Two wrongs dont make a right. My point about poor people doing crap jobs is because unfortunatly life isnt fair, it would be nice if it was, but it isnt. Well done for getting into OXbridge, it is indeed a good thing that state schoolers get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    When I clicked reply your post wasn't there....mind you it's pretty obvious anyway.
    LOL, 'idiot girl' that makes me laugh. It was used for a joke though, right?

ReputationRep:
    Thats what im saying you dim wits.

You keep lumping 'state schools' together, they are all so different! Mine is very, very mixed. We have lovely old buildings and scabby old portocabins that we cant afford to replace. We have oxbridge people, and total drop out thugs. But overall it is very good. But you seem not to be able accept that a state school can be good.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.