The Student Room Group

Problems with referring to my name

Ok basically I have 2 longy names and this does not include my last name . Say it's Michale Zachery.

This officer keeps on writing 'Dear Zachery' and I told her in the past not to call me that but in her email that's not the case.

How could I tell her, without sounding like jerk to just call me Michale for her next email?

For personal reason I am really uncomfortable when people call me that except my close friends.
Reply 1
what kind of officer are we talkin about?

depending on the context, I think you can just have a word and say most call you 'michale' or w/e your name is, and they'll respect that...
Reply 2
don't mind them
Reply 3
Original post by Pride
what kind of officer are we talkin about?

depending on the context, I think you can just have a word and say most call you 'michale' or w/e your name is, and they'll respect that...

hey thanks

it's a college officer. I really have no clue how to word this to her really.
Reply 4
Original post by maxman1180
don't mind them

I know. I told myself the same thing. But I'm really uncomfortable when she calls me that.
Reply to the email, signing it with the name you want to be called.
Reply 6
As long as you're polite, you can probably simply state outright to her that you prefer if she calls you, and that for personal reasons you dislike being called zachary. If she continues, you should ask her why she continues to call you that, and try and deal with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending