The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by nownow
I think quiet probably means it'll be further away from the uni to limit noise? I don't know. Just panicking at the lack of people applying for Queens here is all! Ahaha xD

I didn't think of that! I'm so slow today it's unreal :rolleyes:

Original post by danielleelizabethx
The quiet/mod-quiet confused me too! So I panicked and put mod-quiet!! haha
So glad that the housing application is done though! Now we wait.. hah.

IKR! I had no idea what it meant so I assumed that everywhere was quite and went for something that didn't make it sound like life would be completely dull :/

It is a relief, and it's first come first serve... somehow... even though they don't review it until August? -__- I don't even know how that works... :getmecoat:
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 341
Original post by hookaduck
I was pretty confused about the mod-quite/quite options. I didn't want it to be boring so put mod-quite because, tbh, I got confused!

I'm sure it'll be fiiiine. Queens looked pretty nice ^___^

It's okay, I applied for (hopefully) Alwyn... *forever alone*. If it helps, I know of someone else who applied for Queens.

Oh right! Well, as you say, it'll all be fine right? I saw someone earlier put about how it's who you live with and not where, so I'm sure there'll be some nice chappies and girls there :P

Ah, that does help aha!
Reply 342
Original post by nownow
Oh right! Well, as you say, it'll all be fine right? I saw someone earlier put about how it's who you live with and not where, so I'm sure there'll be some nice chappies and girls there :P

Ah, that does help aha!

This is true. I think it's the nerves and I'm panicking :tongue:
Reply 343
I didn't think of that! I'm so slow today it's unreal :rolleyes:

IKR! I had no idea what it meant so I assumed that everywhere was quite and went for something that didn't make it sound like life would be completely dull :/

It is a relief, and it's first come first serve... somehow... even though they don't review it until August? -__- I don't even know how that works... :getmecoat:

I don't understand that either, unless our applications are dated?
Reply 344
This is true. I think it's the nerves and I'm panicking :tongue:

Ahaha, I'm panicking too, not sure if I've shot myself in the foot picking the first accommodation I saw :') I didn't visit any other alternatives to Queens. Hope I've made the right choice...too late now though, eh? :')
Reply 345
Original post by nownow

I don't understand that either, unless our applications are dated?
I was thinking that too, though it seems weird, they might as well sort it out sooner :biggrin:

Original post by nownow
Ahaha, I'm panicking too, not sure if I've shot myself in the foot picking the first accommodation I saw :') I didn't visit any other alternatives to Queens. Hope I've made the right choice...too late now though, eh? :')

It is nice though, and if you feel comfortable enough to pick it then there's your answer, right?
Reply 346
I was thinking that too, though it seems weird, they might as well sort it out sooner :biggrin:

It is nice though, and if you feel comfortable enough to pick it then there's your answer, right?

Well I'm just glad it's all sorted! :biggrin:

I guess you're right, yes! So nervous is all :')
Reply 347
Original post by nownow
Well I'm just glad it's all sorted! :biggrin:

I guess you're right, yes! So nervous is all :')

It is definitely a weight off!

^^ You're allowed to be nervous! :P Tbh, how much are you going to be spending time in there? I mean, really? I've decided, that really, so long as I have a bed to sleep in, I'm going to try and be happy with that. Simple I know, but I'm hoping it works.
I applied for queens ensuite aswell, did anyone choose the kitchen and bedroom packs?
Reply 349
It is definitely a weight off!

^^ You're allowed to be nervous! :P Tbh, how much are you going to be spending time in there? I mean, really? I've decided, that really, so long as I have a bed to sleep in, I'm going to try and be happy with that. Simple I know, but I'm hoping it works.

Ahaha, my bad. I forget that everyone is in the same boat :')
Hmm, I guess you're right, that's a good attitude to take! Aha you've really calmed me down, before this I was like ARGH.

And I didn't choose those kitchen or bed packs, the lady showing me around said they were rather basic and you were better off bringing you're own stuff!
Reply 350
oh my days ive lost my 7 digit winchester code?! anyone know what i can do?
Reply 351
I put Queens Rd self catered mod quiet too! excitingggg!
Original post by frozoz
oh my days ive lost my 7 digit winchester code?! anyone know what i can do?

I guess you could probably ring up the uni or email them and ask them for it?
Reply 353
Original post by tessmith
I put Queens Rd self catered mod quiet too! excitingggg!

I got excited that someone else was applying for queens....then I realised I've applied for quiet...oh boy now I feel silly.
Reply 354
Original post by nownow
I know it won't affect me but why are they being knocked down? I thought they were only up since 2010, seems a bit soon to be getting rid of such nice accommodation!

The buildings are sinking. Whenever you build a new building they always sink a bit, but they're sinking more than what is expected and have to be re-built.
Reply 355
Original post by nownow
I got excited that someone else was applying for queens....then I realised I've applied for quiet...oh boy now I feel silly.

I'm in quiet in queens and it's not bad like you might think. I have friends living in moderate who often complain they can't sleep because of the noise.
Reply 356
Original post by nownow
Ahaha, my bad. I forget that everyone is in the same boat :')
Hmm, I guess you're right, that's a good attitude to take! Aha you've really calmed me down, before this I was like ARGH.

And I didn't choose those kitchen or bed packs, the lady showing me around said they were rather basic and you were better off bringing you're own stuff!

5 seconds before that I was pretty much the same. But if we worry now, it'll only get worse, and that's 5-6 months of pure panic? :rolleyes:

Original post by Koscielny
I'm in quiet in queens and it's not bad like you might think. I have friends living in moderate who often complain they can't sleep because of the noise.

D: That's reassuring. Is it really that bad? Maybe it's luck >_<
Reply 357
i cant imagine its THAT bad. if i get no sleep il be having serious words with people! You want to be in a socialble flat tho surely...
Im very excited tho! If anyone fancies adding me on facebook its just /tess.pinkx :smile:
Reply 358
How sociable is quiet? I assumed that moderately quiet would still be kinda quite. I guess it'll be fiiine ^__^
Reply 359
Original post by tessmith
i cant imagine its THAT bad. if i get no sleep il be having serious words with people! You want to be in a socialble flat tho surely...
Im very excited tho! If anyone fancies adding me on facebook its just /tess.pinkx :smile:

Yepp! That's what I'm worried about, being in quiet accommodation...is that like the choice for us social recluses?! Ahaha.
I guess I'm being silly, just panicking about everything and I should chill. CHILL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending