Think I'm in love with my best friend (same sex) Watch

BlossomKiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am currently in the situation where i feel i have a crush on one of my friends of the same sex. I've only known her for a few months but every time i see her i get really nervous and i often try to get her attention. Sometimes i catch myself staring at her and have to force myself to look away. If i get too close to her or if our skin touches i get those electric currents through my whole body. I was in denial about it for a while as I just assumed it would go away and was probably
Zoinkssco
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah I'm scared too. We're both gay though. I have never had such a strong friend before, we're devoted to each other , I love her with all my heart but the thought of going out with her terrifies me in case of it going wrong. I just want us to do romantic things but not go out?? Like a graham coxon and Damon Albarn relationship, just a couple of straight blokes cool with making out. I don't wanna lose her
rachelhaygood
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't worry. I am struggling with the same problem too.
Shhhhplease
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve like her for 5 months now and when she bets a boyfriend I beat my self up and I get jealous. The thing is she kept going on about who I like, so she kept asking me, and so I had to tell her because she thought I didn’t trust her. So now she knows and so does her number one bestie. When I first began liking her I was besties with her but now we are just best friends to be honest I don’t mind that it’s just I know she would rather spend time with her bestie and not me which makes me upset. When ever she messages me I get butterflies and I get nervous as I never know what she might be saying. I went three days without eating because I felt sick to my stomach as I was talking to her 24/7. I wish I didn’t like her anymore than a friend but it’s not that easy as I think I might be in love with her😔 Reply to how you feel about this, do I really like her or is it just I want her to be my bestie again! You decide.
Faggocitosis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Big gay
Anonymous #8
Report 9 months ago
I really feel the same exact feelings. The dilemma of giving up the friendship or the feeling that eats me up for not belting it out 😪. The purest thing i think i could give to her is the happiness she gets not from me. I hope to cross paths to that person again when i can say the things i feel without the feeling of expecting something from that person.
Anonymous #8
Report 9 months ago
I really feel the same exact feelings. The dilemma of giving up the friendship or the feeling that eats me up for not belting it out 😪. The purest thing i think i could give to her is to be happy for her having the happiness she gets not from me. I hope to cross paths to that person again when i can say the things i feel without the feeling of expecting something from that person.
Anonymousgurl123
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
[QUOTE=Anonymous
Anonymousgurl123
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous#4)
I've been on the receiving end of this problem as my best friend an I were really close and had sleepovers and junk and told each other secrets but when I went over for a sleepover once she admitted she liked me and I wasn't sure on my feeling (still aren't!) so we kissed and she told me she loved me but I didn't say it back and it made things really awkward... But we're good now so it's ok, my advice is to just take it slow and ask her first don't just kiss her as that puts her in a horrible position.
This also happened to me. My friend admitted feelings for me and I didn’t want to hurt her so I told her I love her as a friend. However she got comfortable saying it and It got to the point where she was telling me she loved me all the time and wanted me to leave my boyfriend. She moved away a few years ago after I rejected her (sex) one night in her flat after a night out together- we always had the best times. Now I feel bad and still love her. I want her back in my life. She’s my person
Last edited by Anonymousgurl123; 7 months ago
Bacholar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i am a lesbian, and I have my friend who I met at university and started off when I told her that I had feeling for her and she also agreed that she did have feeling for me too. We started dating and kissing a lot, slept together once but after exploring things we as lesbian do, she started changing her mind. Then She came straight with me and told me that she is straight, she can never be a bi-or-lesbian because of her sexuality. I was hurt thought of never to talk to her again. She texted me two weeks later wanted to meet up and She expressed her feeling for me as a friend and how she really didn’t want to lose me. So she suggested that we become friends and now we travel a lot together and sometimes I don’t even have time to pull another girl because because my mind is still occupied with my bestfriend who I have a lot of feeling for. When we go to the clubs or out in general and guys talk her I get kind jealous. The fact is she is already told me she feels different about me thought she cares a lot more and I have to deal with my feeling but it seems like they can’t go away because we spend most of times together either clubbing, chilling on the bed, hugs and all sorts. When she goes some other city we text like crazy, Miss each other like we haven’t seen each other in years even though it could be a week. She tells me she love me, I also tell her I do a lot and care a lot about her. She always telling that if she was a lesbian she would have married me already lol. These feeling keeps building up in mind and get confused. Someone please help and advise me on what’s next? Whether I drop the friendship and move on or how to deal with these types of feeling?
Pixielight
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I feel like the right now. She is like everything I want to be. Free spirit, spontaneous and cute. Also she looks soo good. We go to same class together and I see her on daily basis. But this week she was sick or smth and last week she was travelling so I spent entire 3 days of weekend missing her and being sad and unable to function. I am bisexual myself and this is my first time having feelings for same sex. Also I am 26 and never been in a. Relationship before.
tashkent46
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Tell her you're in love with your best friend. Then show her a picture of someone else. You won't have to worry about her anymore.
anonymous126472
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I feel the same way about my best friend and I have no idea what to do! We've been friends for about 2 and a quarter years and we've been best friends pretty much since a bit after we met. We say we love each other all the time and stuff but I feel like I love her as more than a friend. I could never tell her because I'm terrified of losing her, I love her so much and I couldn't face not having her in my life but it's been really hard to deal with lately. Like me, she's been feeling depressed for a while and I just wish I could make her happy. She deserves the world and she's truly the most amazing person I've ever met. I care about her more than anything in my life and it tears me apart seeing her unhappy. She's had boyfriends in the past so I'm pretty sure she's straight. I'm really questioning my sexuality and I think I might be bi, I've never told anyone though and I've never dated anyone so I can't be sure. I really have no idea what to do because I wish I could tell her how I feel but I'm scared that she won't feel the same way and I don't want to risk our friendship, but then there's also that part of me that thinks "what if she feels the same way" :/
Last edited by anonymous126472; 4 months ago
Unexpectedly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I can kind of relate to this, especially when I go to the gym and see someone I feel like is 1000 times better looking than I am.
Nope_name
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've had a crush on my roommate for like half a year and it's hard to deal with it. She's bi, just like me, but I'm 101% she'll never like me back bc she has a crush on a boy and I'm like skskskBut at least I'm glad to have her as my very close friend inspire of having to deal with those deeper feelings. If love was a choice I'd choose to NOT have feelings for her because it'd be the less heartbreaking option, but it isn't and ya, life is **** so how have you been doing recently?????
anonymous78251
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If the person loves you, tell her how you feel. I think not telling her the truth will make it more difficult for you both. If she loves you too and you think she might feel the same, I think it’s time you tell her. What are you afraid of? Losing her for telling how you feel or feeling that she might reject you? Those things are painful but it shall pass over time. Go tell her. She loves you and I’m sure she won’t judge nor reject you for what you feel. She trusts you with her struggles and you have a 99% chance that she will accept you.
Last edited by anonymous78251; 1 week ago
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lmao, it’s the same person making dupes who keeps replying to this thread. Funny how it keeps getting bumped by members who ALL have one gem and it’s their first post :rofl:
Anon62442
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I have the same problem! I think about stargazing with her with a picnic and hugging her and it slowly turning into a kiss! I have a sleepover with her tomorrow, but luckily she has a bunk bed so I won’t do anything stupid. She has talked about her crush on a guy, a best friend, who rejected her cause he didn’t want that to change. She said it was okay, and that they’d just stay friends. Now I’m really hoping she’s bisexual, because I feel this amazing connection with her! Sometimes I masturbate while thinking of her! Sometimes for so long that my fingers wrinkle up! This was probably too much information... Anyway, I have these problems too, but I feel like I have nobody to talk to. All my friends are female except one. He’s a good friend but he would think it was weird. And he’s smart, he’d figure out I had a crush on her. I think I might be bisexual, because he has already figured out my crush on him a few years ago! :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise