Durham Offers/Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Offer Date: 13th December 2011
Course Title: Chemistry (Industrial) :sexface:
Conditional + conditional grades /Unconditional: Conditional A*AA
College: Grey
Firm/Insurance/Withdrawing offer?: Firm

Yaaaay! :crazy:
Congratulations to all those with offers and condolences to those without. :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by Photox
Offers for Natural Science are going out all over the place, but I still haven't heard a thing from them about it (other than acknowledgement of my application) what kind of spread was there for reply dates last year, I applied October 7th, cheers.

I'm applying for natural sciences too and I feel your pain!! Still haven't heard anything from Durham and creepily enough I also applied on october 7th...but I think ucas doesnt work over winter holidays so we'll have to wait till january anyway
Gcse: 3a* 6a 1b
As: aabb
Predicted a2: aaaa
College: van mildert
Course: French and ab initio Spanish
Application status: waiting.fingers crossed!
Entry requirements: AAB.
(edited 12 years ago)
GCSEs: 7A*s 4As
AS results: AAABB
Predicted A2: A*A*A*A
Offer Date: 15th dec
Course Title: Combined Honours in Social Sciences (Sociology & Spanish)
Conditional + conditional grades /Unconditional: A*AA
College: Don't know - applied to St Mary's though.
Firm/Insurance/Withdrawing offer?: Unsure at the moment.
I got an offer to read History on Dec. 6.
I'm an international student, with scores of 5 on four AP exams and a score of 4 on one.
Don't know which college yet, but I applied to University...
Original post by angusmaxwell
Gcse: 3a* 6a 1b
As: aabb
Predicted a2: aaaa
College: van mildert
Course: French and ab initio Spanish
Application status: waiting.fingers crossed!
Entry requirements: AAB.

Hi, I'm a French + Spanish applicant too :biggrin:
Where else have you applied?
Reply 146
Original post by ebowey
Castle. I was actually really surprised because my ucas code was changed to z, so I assumed I was going to another one.

Mine did that! But I applied to Van Mildert...
Maybe it does that between the offer and being put into a college?
This is just a query. I applied for History at Durham and didn't declare all my UMS scores, just the highest two (which was stupid because the others weren't bad at all). Could this disadvantage me? Should I write in and let them know? :afraid:
Original post by TheSophistory
This is just a query. I applied for History at Durham and didn't declare all my UMS scores, just the highest two (which was stupid because the others weren't bad at all). Could this disadvantage me? Should I write in and let them know? :afraid:

Hm, it might look a bit like you're so ashamed of your other two that you don't want anyone to know about them...
Reply 149
Does anyone know when colleges will be assigned? My application still reads College Z. :/
Original post by Canada18

Original post by Canada18
Does anyone know when colleges will be assigned? My application still reads College Z. :/

I got an email about 20 minutes ago which said that your college thing will always remain as Z - the uni will contact you independently of track to confirm your college.
Received my rejection from Durham for English lit yesterday :frown:
Original post by hannahwhelan
Received my rejection from Durham for English lit yesterday :frown:

Join the club :frown: What do you think your firm will be then?
Original post by LeSacMagique
Join the club :frown: What do you think your firm will be then?

Most probably Newcastle, with Leeds as my insurance. How about you?
Original post by hannahwhelan
Most probably Newcastle, with Leeds as my insurance. How about you?

Oh, cool! Coincidentally enough, my dad did English at Newcastle and is now a (soon-to-be-unemployed) academic at Leeds. I'm still waiting to hear from Cambridge and St Andrews... if I got offers from them they would be my firm and insurance respectively (depending on whether I end up having the guts to put an AAA offer as insurance). If they reject me it'll be Nottingham and Royal Holloway. Not massively excited about either of them though so hopefully I'll get at least one of Camb/St Andrews..!
Reply 155
aaaaaarrrggghhh waiting for english lit, too many people getting rejections for my liking :frown:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Hi, I'm a French + Spanish applicant too :biggrin:
Where else have you applied?

Hi. I have applied to Sheffield, Nottingham, Birmingham and got a rejection from Oxford. But really hoping that Durham will come through!
:smile:
What about yourself?
Hi. I have applied to Sheffield, Nottingham, Birmingham and got a rejection from Oxford. But really hoping that Durham will come through!
:smile:
What about yourself?

Ah nice choices :smile:
I have applied to Oxford, Durham, Bristol, UCL and Nottingham.
I have offers from Oxford, Bristol and Nottingham, and a recommendation for an offer from UCL- Durham's the only one I haven't heard from yet!

Good luck with Durham, and all your other Unis! :smile:
If I get an offer, Durham will probably be my insurance.
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Ah nice choices :smile:
I have applied to Oxford, Durham, Bristol, UCL and Nottingham.
I have offers from Oxford, Bristol and Nottingham, and a recommendation for an offer from UCL- Durham's the only one I haven't heard from yet!

Good luck with Durham, and all your other Unis! :smile:
If I get an offer, Durham will probably be my insurance.

Oh cool! Congrats on the offers. I think Sheffield might be my insurance. I liked the look of the course. I'm sure you'll do fine- good luck!
Oh cool! Congrats on the offers. I think Sheffield might be my insurance. I liked the look of the course. I'm sure you'll do fine- good luck!

Thanks, good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest