The Student Room Group

Do they have chip spice all over the UK?

Scroll to see replies

I've lived in lancashire and still never heard of it..
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
Share the link! :tongue:

Is it the Nando peri-peri salt or like it in some way?

And what's the name OP is referring to? XD

Yep Nandos peri peri chip sprinkle, there might be others. will be in the same section of the supermarket (sorry for the late reply i never go on this website any more)
Reply 62
Glorious Hull <3
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Yep Nandos peri peri chip sprinkle, there might be others. will be in the same section of the supermarket (sorry for the late reply i never go on this website any more)

Haha, no problem, thanks for the closure :tongue:
What is chip spice? :dontknow: We get tomato sauce on ours, whether you go North or South! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend from Hull brought me some. I don't think they sell it down south at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What actually is it? Never even heard of this :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
What actually is it? Never even heard of this :lol:

http://www.americanchipspice.co.uk/

According to wikipedia, "Chip spice, originated in Kingston upon Hull and mainly contains salt and spices (such as paprika) and also contains tomato powder."

I come from Yorkshire and every fish and chip shop there has a tub of it on the counter to sprinkle on your food.

looks like chip spice is to Hull what the Parmo is to Middlesbrough, ie. the further away you get from it's home town the less likely you are to see it at your local takeaway
Reply 68
Lol it has actually changed my life. It is a shame I can't get it where I live.
Original post by Stacy93
http://www.americanchipspice.co.uk/

According to wikipedia, "Chip spice, originated in Kingston upon Hull and mainly contains salt and spices (such as paprika) and also contains tomato powder."

I come from Yorkshire and every fish and chip shop there has a tub of it on the counter to sprinkle on your food.

looks like chip spice is to Hull what the Parmo is to Middlesbrough, ie. the further away you get from it's home town the less likely you are to see it at your local takeaway

Wow, never heard of either of them! :eek3: Or seen them in chip shops, so no, we don't have tem round here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
its made in Kingston upon Hull, has nothing, apart from the name , to do with America and is paprika flavored salt - its also available on ebay
Enjoy :-)
Is it the spice you put on your chips at nandoes. If yes :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Is it the spice you put on your chips at nandoes. If yes :drool:

Very similar but the Nandos version has a bit more chilli in it
Original post by Stacy93
Very similar but the Nandos version has a bit more chilli in it

Cool. Now i want to go to nandoes haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
...what's chip spice?
Original post by TakashiLaSkunk
...what's chip spice?

Scroll up and read the posts. :eek3:
it's spice you put on your chips.:facepalm:
Never heard of chip spice till I read this thread now I really want to get some :frown:
What's chip spice? Never seen it down south
Original post by mynameisntbobk
What's chip spice? Never seen it down south

we call it "paprika".
Original post by cole-slaw
we call it "paprika".

:lol: paprika is sold here

Quick Reply

Latest