The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wtf... didnt mean to post this :s
Didn't she look terrible in those rock chic clothes?

BTW I saw a girl (I think she is at one of the big colleges, either Kings, Trinity or Johns) who looked just like that (but with pink(ish) hair) when I visited Cambridge.

I do find that Cambridge admits more 'Grungey/Punk type' people than Oxford - although I am probably wrong.
Reply 22
I respect the girl for sticking to her principles, but she really didn't need to make such a big issue of announcing her virginity, and she of at least not washed her hair for a bit for the purpose of the final gig. Also, I found her attitude towards her mentors quite irritating - fair enough not drinking, but giving Harry ( I think it was Harry?) a lecture on how insecure and terrible drinking is was just unnecessary.
All in all, why why why did she sign herself up for it?
Reply 23
i just couldnt stop laughin at her! silly moo!
aliel
I'll have you know that my "big letters" were used because they are a novelity to me at the moment! I can assure you I am not showing "jealous contempt", for she showed nothing to be jealous of. Never would I have acted like she did, she truly did act like she was "better" than the girl she spent a month living in her house. You obviously know her, and thus are trying to protect her. But I am sure she is aware of the fact that she was a horrible snob that month!

I don't know her personally (just through a friend) and haven't seen the 'faking it' episode. So I'm probably actually talking rubbish, and would agree entirely if I saw it.
J
Mentally Ill
I do find that Cambridge admits more 'Grungey/Punk type' people than Oxford - although I am probably wrong.

I think you are wrong. My indie-kid mate Nat is at Clare and she always complains that there's hardly any 'alternative' people there. Also my beau is a goth and was told by representatives of the Cambridge admissions department at a HE fair that she "wasn't the kind of person Cambridge were looking for". :mad: So she went to Oxford. Classic. :biggrin:
hildabeast
I think you are wrong. My indie-kid mate Nat is at Clare and she always complains that there's hardly any 'alternative' people there. Also my beau is a goth and was told by representatives of the Cambridge admissions department at a HE fair that she "wasn't the kind of person Cambridge were looking for". :mad: So she went to Oxford. Classic. :biggrin:

Oh, I thought you were a lesbian?

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by greenrevolt
\

WOW an unbelievable ratio of gay ppl!:P
thanks hidlabeast- i think i undestand

by the interest for this post ...should i think that there is really no gay life at Oxbridge..i know u r supposed to spent the bes part of the day studying but..ok i understand its not like LSE or even Warwick in respect to gay issues but sure there are homosexuals in Oxbridge right? or r they less of a minority than then Afro-Americans?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, erm, I'm not straight. Strictly speaking. We do exist.
hildabeast

Do u think the fairs person made that statement based upon ur boyfriends gothic appearance? That is awfully scandalous.
Mentally Ill
Do u think the fairs person made that statement based upon ur boyfriends gothic appearance? That is awfully scandalous.

Please excuse me, after I wrote this message I noticed the SHE!!!!

I thought beau meant boyfriend!!!!!

So sorry again.
Reply 29
hildabeast

I've finally worked out who your friend is! I don't know her though, unfortunately :frown:

It's true, there aren't many alternative types here, although there are some. I worked at an FE college in my gap year, where loads of the students were hardcore townies with their tracksuits and fake gold earrings, loads of indie kids, goths, you name it, they were there. Definitely not so many here.
Mentally Ill
Please excuse me, after I wrote this message I noticed the SHE!!!!

I thought beau meant boyfriend!!!!!

So sorry again.

So I'm gay. Get over it.
hildabeast
So I'm gay. Get over it.

I am over it.
Mentally Ill
I am over it.

Good.
hildabeast
So I'm gay. Get over it.

Hehe no wonder you got a bit touchy over the Nigel Evans thing.
Joey_Johns
Hehe no wonder you got a bit touchy over the Nigel Evans thing.

Lol I'm not touchy - just didn't know, that's all. Not that it's a big deal, cos it's NOT.
hildabeast
Good.

Are you out at college?
Mentally Ill
Are you out at college?

Yes.
hildabeast
Lol I'm not touchy - just didn't know, that's all. Not that it's a big deal, cos it's NOT.

:biggrin:
hildabeast
Yes.

Good.
hildabeast
Yes.

Do you find that there are more lesbians at St Hildas than the co ed colleges?

Latest

Trending

Trending