Turn on thread page Beta

Faking It last night? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well well well. I've stumbled upon this forum by chance and found this thread about me and thought I'd contribute! It's interesting to see how many people reckon they've got links with me. Sorry Claire1985 you're very misinformed.... I most definitely am a virgin and am quite proud of the fact. This does not mean that I am in anyway repressed or unable to have a good time... I'm just idealistic I suppose.

As for the programme I didn't know what would be expected of me - I thought I'd end up faking it on the West End stage - how wrong could I be?! Part of the Faking It experience is the element of surprise when one is told what the task is and, of course, by then the contract is already signed and there's no backing out. If I had my time over again - of course I wouldn't have done the show but it was nevertheless an experience and it's always better to regret the things we have done rather than the things we haven't - at least that's how I try to live my life. Although at times the harsh criticism has made me wish I had walked away during the filming.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is quite an Oxbridge-obsessed place, so anything related to it tends to make its way here. I didn't actually see the show, not having a TV in college, but read all about it here and in Varsity etc.

ReputationRep:
    Faking It seems to have been repeating the same "make overs" for the past two series. Wasn't there an Oxbridge singer or chellist(?that right helenia?) who had a similar challenge in the first/second series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Faking It seems to have been repeating the same "make overs" for the past two series. Wasn't there an Oxbridge singer or chellist(?that right helenia?) who had a similar challenge in the first/second series?
    Erm, can't remember if she was Oxbridge, but she was a classically trained cellist, who had to become a DJ. Think she did quite well at it, but can't really remember; I'm not a religious viewer of it. They only do fairly superficial transformations though - I remember someone jokingly suggesting they should do "Faking it: Neurosurgery" - not on our screens any time soon, I don't think

ReputationRep:
    There was a posh gay Oxford student who had to become a bouncer at a dodgy club in the East End and he did really really well. He fooled all the judges; in fact they thought he was the most genuine!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurajane)
    Well well well. I've stumbled upon this forum by chance and found this thread about me and thought I'd contribute! It's interesting to see how many people reckon they've got links with me. Sorry Claire1985 you're very misinformed.... I most definitely am a virgin and am quite proud of the fact. This does not mean that I am in anyway repressed or unable to have a good time... I'm just idealistic I suppose.

As for the programme I didn't know what would be expected of me - I thought I'd end up faking it on the West End stage - how wrong could I be?! Part of the Faking It experience is the element of surprise when one is told what the task is and, of course, by then the contract is already signed and there's no backing out. If I had my time over again - of course I wouldn't have done the show but it was nevertheless an experience and it's always better to regret the things we have done rather than the things we haven't - at least that's how I try to live my life. Although at times the harsh criticism has made me wish I had walked away during the filming.
    Hi Laurajane! I thought you were great on Faking It and it's really good that you stood up for what you believed in. It must have been truly awful having to fake it as a rock star - I'd never have managed it, I would probably have given up after a day or so! Don't pay any attention to the criticism, I thought you were cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurajane)

Anyone else think this 'Laurajane' is again faking it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    Nah, I think she just got home fro the vacs and decided to google herself. She comes across exactly the same way as she does in her columns (no comment...)

ReputationRep:
    Je ne sais pas. This is the internet, so anything is possible. This place does seem to come up fairly high on google searches, so it's possible it is as blissy says. Perhaps we're going to be part of some research thing and we'll find ourselves in a Varsity column one day soon :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Je ne sais pas. This is the internet, so anything is possible. This place does seem to come up fairly high on google searches, so it's possible it is as blissy says. Perhaps we're going to be part of some research thing and we'll find ourselves in a Varsity column one day soon :eek:
    Nah, I don't think she's faking it. I liked her to be honest

She just private messaged me and included her email address in it. It is her. Can't be nice googling yourself to find a site where people are discussing you so critically like that. Especially with comments like 'my sisters friend heard that she eats babies etc'
    I like googling my name. top few are me, and then below that without warning is my alter-ego - a gymnast.
    makes me look good
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    She just private messaged me and included her email address in it. It is her. Can't be nice googling yourself to find a site where people are discussing you so critically like that. Especially with comments like 'my sisters friend heard that she eats babies etc'
    I like googling my name. top few are me, and then below that without warning is my alter-ego - a gymnast.
    makes me look good
    J
    Apparently I'm a famous American anthropologist who writes books about sex. There are so many references to her I haven't actually found any of me out there I know there used to be stuff about me on the net, but not sure if it's still there.

Well if it is Laura Jane, then hello - just hope you can understand my scepticism as there are so many people out here who pretend stuff like that :rolleyes:

(Original post by Helenia)
    Apparently I'm a famous American anthropologist who writes books about sex. There are so many references to her I haven't actually found any of me out there I know there used to be stuff about me on the net, but not sure if it's still there.

Well if it is Laura Jane, then hello - just hope you can understand my scepticism as there are so many people out here who pretend stuff like that :rolleyes:
    I'm also an american professor of gay and lesbian studies.........
    bv#ut only when i use my in-trouble name

rosie

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.