The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Business Administration - 2012 entry thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The only reason i was considering Bath was cause of their two placements, but wont those 2 placements really help later on?
Also does everyone get placements somewhere during those placements?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 61
Original post by Droplet1
Okay, thanks I will definitely take that aspect into account when making my decision, also I was just wondering how you find out about which undergraduates recruiters target and that sort of thing? :smile:

Targets are often referred to as the 'top 6' (Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, UCL, LSE - not in order)

Semi targets would probably be red bricks/a few others - Bath, Bristol, Durham, King's, etc.

These are usually the universities which companies visit the most so their students have the chance to apply for summer positions, etc.

Are you particularly interested in any industry? If it's a finance-related job, take Warwick.
Reply 62
got rejected, gutted
Reply 63
who's going to the open day on the 8th?
Reply 64
Original post by h_naimun94
got rejected, gutted

Sorry to hear that man.

I'm expecting a rejection any day now. Applied at the beginning of November, still haven't heard anything.
Original post by Droplet1
Ah good, that's a relief! Yeah, it does sound like quite a full on course! I am between Bath and Warwick for my top choice, as I really really like Bath but Wawrick is also a very good university and I haven't visited it yet. I'm going to the open day at Warwick next week though, so hopefully after that i'll know which I prefer! :smile:
Just out of interest, how much business knowledge/experience do you have?
Thank yoouu

Sorry for the late reply but I havent got much experience, only knowlage is that from Business studies at A Level. And i definatley think you should choose Bath :smile: was very impressed at the visit day! However i dont know much about Wawrick as i didnt apply there so i guess you just have to go with your gut instinct once you've visited both :smile:
Woop I got an offer yesterday (and I applied on the very last day in Jan). I need to go to an open day/visit day soon, cos I don't know yet which one's going to be my first choice. I am so happy btw, I really thought Bath would have actually ignored me!
Reply 67
I got an offer a few days ago. Although im probably choosing UCL (IMB) as a firm choice and throwing bath.
Reply 68
Is anyone, like me, still waiting to hear back from bath???
Reply 69
i sent the application to bath like....during mid October, and they replied with an offer after 6 days....
so my mum is saying that they really like me so much and i should definitely choose them as firm choice
but warwick is also giving me an offer, after a few months i guess LOL which one should i chooooooose:s-smilie:?
Original post by 05cwestr
Is anyone, like me, still waiting to hear back from bath???

Yeah, still waiting :frown:
Reply 71
Hi```I am a Chinese applicant and I received the offer of msc advanced management practice. I wonder whehter there was any Chinese students in the program and what jobs they are doing at present. Could anyone help me with this dilemma?
Reply 72
Hi!
Got offers from all the unis I applied to.. Edinburgh, Aston, Lancaster, Bath and Strathclyde, and I'm having a hard time deciding which one I should choose, Lancaster or Bath? All are conditional, but the requirements are no problem.
Bath: BBA, of course:smile:
Lancaster: Business Studies
Since I'm Norwegian, I don't really know about their reputation and stuff, just that they're both great unis. I have checked the league tables, but I can't make up my mind, so I was hoping that you could help me :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by MadMike457
Anyone got an offer from them yet?

I got an unconditional one for BBA!!! :biggrin:
Reply 74
Original post by centregirl
i sent the application to bath like....during mid October, and they replied with an offer after 6 days....
so my mum is saying that they really like me so much and i should definitely choose them as firm choice
but warwick is also giving me an offer, after a few months i guess LOL which one should i chooooooose:s-smilie:?

LOL... U should go for BATH!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by Bud Fox
Targets are often referred to as the 'top 6' (Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, UCL, LSE - not in order)

Semi targets would probably be red bricks/a few others - Bath, Bristol, Durham, King's, etc.

These are usually the universities which companies visit the most so their students have the chance to apply for summer positions, etc.

Are you particularly interested in any industry? If it's a finance-related job, take Warwick.

Hi, I also am stuck between Bath and warwick have unconditional offers from both of them.... I'm not really planning to get in to finance but a managemnt job...

I from India and will be completing my course getting work experience of a year or so and returning back... once I'm back I will be working for another year or 2 and starting my own chain of restaraunts!!

Thus I was looking at getting experience of actually managing stuff so later on in the future I can mange my restaraunts and hotels better!!!!

U look like somebody who has alot of knowledge on this topc ... PLEASE HELP!!!
Reply 76
Does Anyone know the fees for BBA course at Bath????
Reply 77
Original post by Soph1806
Hi Alpha 5.

Hope you don't mind me pitching in here; I'm 2nd year BBA and currently on my first placement so just putting my two penneth in.

I think that you should aim high and go for front office at a top tier bank if that's what you wish - but I would NOT expect this in your first year by any means. There are many positions available that banks reserve for Bath BBAers for your first placement, but I think I can say accurately that these are all going to be back or middle office.

Haven't got to my second placement so not entirely sure, but I believe there will be more roles similar to front office, trading etc the second time round.

However, I would stress that either type of placement is difficult to get as this is obviously what the majority of students want. Getting a placement in general is VERY competitive and the placements office do not offer a panacea; the onus is very much on you. If you want a trading role, be prepared to really justify why.

I'm sure you know all this already, and sorry if it's unsolicited advice! I just found the whole placements thing a very different experience to what you would expect.

If you only listen to one thing I've said, let it be this - the most important thing to remember is that it is entirely what you make of it. Seek out your own opportunities, not just those advertised.

Good luck with your applications, I can't recommend Bath enough and in particular BBA, so go for it :smile:

Hi, I firmed an unconditional offer from Bath yest for the BBA course and I wanted some help on how the placements are????

N also do we have to approach firms form the placement or do the companies pick us up from the campus??
Thankzz!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest