The Student Room Group

Meeting asian girls as a white guy

I made a thread like this... just under a year a go pretty much, but the replies weren't very good and I've been too busy the last few months so nothing came of it.

So I'm a single white guy living in a city with very few non-white girls and I am much more attracted to girls of a different race to me who can share their culture and so on! I'm in my early 20s and in uni, I have no problem with girls and I'm a pretty well rounded and good looking guy I think...

But I'm just not meeting anyone lately and it's driving me nuts! I am your settle down, meet a nice loving girl, have a close romantic relationship kinda guy and I'm tired of being single.

I am interested in meeting a British Asian girl but I honestly don't know what the best way to go about it is, like I say there aren't many where I study, I have recently been trying a few dating sites but for some reason there is every kind of girl but asians on there...

So yeah, I am all out of ideas... anyone got any for me? And in case you are just such a girl, if you fancy a chat just lemme know :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:|
Reply 2
It depends in what kind of Asian girl you mean.
Oriental girls i know nothing about so I can't tell you anything there. But pakistani or indian girls I might be able to give you some insight so give some more clarity on the type of Asian and I'll try and share my opinion and knowledge on the area.
Reply 3
Maybe OP you should move to london...I aint asian myself but i have quite a few asian friends and also recently asian/white couples are becoming common especially where I live!
Considering how desperate you sound, london might be a good place for you !
Reply 4
Original post by Leeli
It depends in what kind of Asian girl you mean.
Oriental girls i know nothing about so I can't tell you anything there. But pakistani or indian girls I might be able to give you some insight so give some more clarity on the type of Asian and I'll try and share my opinion and knowledge on the area.

I mean pakistani/indian/bangladeshi etc

You guys hang out in like... impenetrable groups, how does a white guy get in on that and get a nice private convo going? Serious question.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I am interested in meeting a British Asian girl but I honestly don't know what the best way to go about it is...

I feel you bro it's not easy.

No offense to white people (you're awesome) but modern white culture is much easier to get girls in... and the girls are much easier to get too lol.

You're just gunna have to get out and try and see if you're lucky enough to meet one in some situation who you get on with. Anything where you meet more people will help I suppose. :dontknow:

You guys hang out in like... impenetrable groups, how does a white guy get in on that and get a nice private convo going? Serious question.

Yeh I wouldn't bother with that. You won't fit into any Asian group. Just got to try your luck with girls outside of tight friendship groups.

Oh I forgot to mention, a distant friend of mine who is a few years older than me (doctor, graduated last year) just got engaged to a white guy and she's half Indian half-Iranian, good looking and successful - the lucky bastard. So it does happen.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6

To be honest with you most Pakistani girls (being Pakistani) wouldn't date a White guy, if the girls that you like don't make effort to talk to you and make eye contact with as bad as it sounds most probably wouldnt give you the time of day because this is just the mentality they are brought up with.

I agree with the above poster bigger cities like London have more mixed couple relationships.

Dont despair though it does happen if you are understanding about culture etc.I myself come from a mix race family my nan being White and my grandad Pakistani.
I also am more attracted to White guys and a few of my Friends are the same. I feel sometimes white guys talk to me and Ive been told by my White females that they are interested but they never say anything beyond hi and the norm convos and never really seem to make a connection.
Personally I think for me to date a White guy he would definitely have to share the same interest and be aware of my culture and traditions this would impress me, also Asian girls tend to want a longer term relationship so if your looking for a fling i doubt it would happen.

I think going out looking for this type of girl will be hard we are few and far between and also we don't really have it labelled to our forehead that we are available to all rather to our own kind so it might be hard to pick out who is who really. I'm rambling because there is no real way to find our type, perhaps if you made friends with a few Asians you will break into the friendship group and then work your charm :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by DJkG.1

Oh I forgot to mention, a distant friend of mine who is a few years older than me (doctor, graduated last year) just got engaged to a white guy and she's half Indian half-Iranian, good looking and successful - the lucky bastard. So it does happen.

Jelly.
Reply 8
Original post by Leeli
To be honest with you most Pakistani girls (being Pakistani) wouldn't date a White guy, if the girls that you like don't make effort to talk to you and make eye contact with as bad as it sounds most probably wouldnt give you the time of day because this is just the mentality they are brought up with.

I agree with the above poster bigger cities like London have more mixed couple relationships.

Dont despair though it does happen if you are understanding about culture etc.I myself come from a mix race family my nan being White and my grandad Pakistani.
I also am more attracted to White guys and a few of my Friends are the same. I feel sometimes white guys talk to me and Ive been told by my White females that they are interested but they never say anything beyond hi and the norm convos and never really seem to make a connection.
Personally I think for me to date a White guy he would definitely have to share the same interest and be aware of my culture and traditions this would impress me, also Asian girls tend to want a longer term relationship so if your looking for a fling i doubt it would happen.

I think going out looking for this type of girl will be hard we are few and far between and also we don't really have it labelled to our forehead that we are available to all rather to our own kind so it might be hard to pick out who is who really. I'm rambling because there is no real way to find our type, perhaps if you made friends with a few Asians you will break into the friendship group and then work your charm :smile:

I'm definitely not looking for a fling, obviously I don't expect a relationship to last forever but if it did I'd be very happy. And that whole sharing and being aware of each others cultures thing is what I really want out of a relationship! I am pretty knowledgable and very well travelled so I think I could impress..

But yeah, I can't just up and move to London or Birmingham right now haha, and asian girls just don't seem to use online dating sites whereas they are full to bursting with white/black/arab/east asian girls.. so I'm kinda screwed for now..
Reply 9
I'm definitely not looking for a fling, obviously I don't expect a relationship to last forever but if it did I'd be very happy. And that whole sharing and being aware of each others cultures thing is what I really want out of a relationship! I am pretty knowledgable and very well travelled so I think I could impress..

But yeah, I can't just up and move to London or Birmingham right now haha, and asian girls just don't seem to use online dating sites whereas they are full to bursting with white/black/arab/east asian girls.. so I'm kinda screwed for now..

I would avoid birmingham... What area are you from if you don't kind me asking and what situations are you in where these Asian girls you've spotted are?

Yeah dating sites aren't really great for Asian girls I mean I wouldnt go on one because I like to get to know someone face to face.
Reply 10
Sorry about all the mistakes I'm on my phone ~_~
Reply 11
Original post by Leeli
I would avoid birmingham...

And what is wrong with B'ham exactly? :p:
Reply 12
Original post by DJkG.1
And what is wrong with B'ham exactly? :p:

A lot of Asian girls in b'ham have 'small town mentality' meaning they're not likely to date a white guy and would be afraid of being watched by the community and being talked about. I notice this mainly happens in northern cities (I'm from the north) whereas down south it tends to be more open minded or nobody cares. Nothing wrong with it on general no offence.
Reply 13
Original post by nativeLondoner
Move to an anglo saxon area like Essex or the Cotswolds. Its totally unreasonable for lads like this to become 2nd class citizens in urban Britain. Ffs their men are getting away with raping our young girls.

Nutcase.
I'm asian, my family is from Pakistan, and I'm not attracted to asian men but white men. All my boyfriends have been white.

There are girls like me, we're out there!
I know that feel OP

Seems like I'm attracted to every race more than White for the most part.

Asians and Indian women are so pretty
Original post by nativeLondoner
Move to an anglo saxon area like Essex or the Cotswolds. Its totally unreasonable for lads like this to become 2nd class citizens in urban Britain. Ffs their men are getting away with raping our young girls.

:mmm:
Reply 17
Hello there :sexface:

I know a few Asians who like white guys (no, I'm not going to set you up :tongue:) but yeah it can be hard to squirm your way into a tight group of brownies. BUT there are definitely those who don't stick to other Asians. I don't for one - mainly because I couldn't due to the lack of Asians where I live :tongue: - and most of the guys I've dated have been white.

There's still hope - you're better off looking in areas where there aren't LOADS of Asians...which I realise isn't particularly easy unless you feel like travelling all over the UK :tongue: At uni, just look out for the ones who don't hang out in 'inpenetrable groups' and, if they catch your fancy, say hi. Or just say hi to anyone you like the look of and go from there - you never know what might happen!
:sexface:
Reply 19
Original post by aeterno
Hello there :sexface:

I know a few Asians who like white guys (no, I'm not going to set you up :tongue:) but yeah it can be hard to squirm your way into a tight group of brownies. BUT there are definitely those who don't stick to other Asians. I don't for one - mainly because I couldn't due to the lack of Asians where I live :tongue: - and most of the guys I've dated have been white.

There's still hope - you're better off looking in areas where there aren't LOADS of Asians...which I realise isn't particularly easy unless you feel like travelling all over the UK :tongue: At uni, just look out for the ones who don't hang out in 'inpenetrable groups' and, if they catch your fancy, say hi. Or just say hi to anyone you like the look of and go from there - you never know what might happen!

Tried to send you a PM :colonhash: I was about to reveal my identity, you missed out.

Spoiler

Anyway I was wondering if there are some non-awful, preferably free dating sites that regular asian girls do use? Because I have literally run out of girls to date here :colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending