The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got rejected from Edinburgh- it was my fourth choice, and going up there for interview would have been a pain anyway, but the fact that they didn't interview me bugged me. I was thinking "you haven't even spoken to me yet!".

Still, I had two offers and had done another interview (and subsequently got an offer) so I wasn't really too bothered. But I think it is to do with always being top in everything and then being told by someone "you're not good enough".
Reply 2
Well I got rejected from glasgow and I really wanted to go there and i havent heard anything from edinburgh and they were the only places i applied to so its def not the best feeling
Reply 3
why did you only apply to 2 vet schools?
I have always wondered what it felt like.....thanks for enlightening me. A wise man (well he was 27) told me that a good applicant gets 1 offer an excellent applicant gets 4 offers. As I got 4 I assume I was an excellent applicant (actually to hell with assuming, I know I was an excellent applicant).

Here is another conundrum I want answered: is getting rejected before interview better than after interview? Rejection after interview surely means they have had a good look and were not impressed? Any other inputs here?
Reply 5
I didnt do ggod in my highers I only got AABBC and didnt think any of the english vet schools would look twice at me bt I should have probably applied to the RVC however i realised this too late. Im basically jst planning to take a year out and reapply to glasgow and edinburgh and also to the RVC bt i'll wait and see how my advanced highers go 1st.
wannabeavethelp
I didnt do ggod in my highers I only got AABBC and didnt think any of the english vet schools would look twice at me bt I should have probably applied to the RVC however i realised this too late. Im basically jst planning to take a year out and reapply to glasgow and edinburgh and also to the RVC bt i'll wait and see how my advanced highers go 1st.

Good luck sweety! Just stick at it. Ull get there!
x x x

---
I was rejected by Bristol very early on last year. It isnt a nice feeling because it really does make feel like ur not good enough when deep down u KNOW u are. I just reminded myself that v v few ppl get straight offers and LOADS of vet students out there dont get in on 1st attempt at all.
Reply 7
I got rejected from 3 out of my 4 options which is a real bummer....i got interviewed by two of them, which in a way made the rejections worse as it feels like they liked me on paper, but not as a person. But i did get one offer from the rvc which is the one i really really wanted to go 2....so that makes up for all of them! Gud luck everybody still waitin....
Reply 8
yep! i just got rejection from nottingham, and didnt wanna got there. but im gutted!!

havent heard from edinburgh or glasgow yet.

only good part is an interview for liverpool. so all in all not lookin too good

how is everyone doing with theirs? and have any had interviews for edinburgh? were they good, bad or ugly

--------------

which one did you not get an interview for?
Reply 9
Thankfully I only got the 1 rejection, but it still wasn't the nicest feeling. What made it worse was that I was initially pooled by Cambridge so they kept me waiting that extra bit longer before they finally dropped me :frown:

But as everyone has said you only need the 1 offer and only a small handful of people get all 4 offers.
Reply 10
thanks - so how did you know you were in a pool?
didnt know they had pools, thought they decided you were in or out.

so hows glasgow? would love to go there, or edinburgh :rolleyes:

do you love it - whats the work load like?
Reply 11
Heya, they tell you if you're pooled in your letter.

I got 2 straight rejections, my pool letter then rejection and then found my offer from liv on ucas website whilst i was in the school library. So i ran round the book shelves yelling my head off, ran down the corridor and yelled that i'd got an offer at the deputy head and two startled looking parents being shown round and then ran down the side of the science labs hammering on the windows and miming to my teachers that i had an offer. i know i'm a bit crackers like but i just proves that you do only need one offer for ecstacy- and it means you don't have to choose between or turn any other offers down wondring if you've picked the right one.

To everyone who got straight rej's chin up- where there's a will there's always a way!x
Can I just say that is pathetic. I don't find it funny at all and I really don't think you should be telling people about something so ridiculous.
Reply 13
oh god where did you get rejected from !?

i just received my second rejection IN ONE DAY.

nottingham and edinburgh - no interview
interview for liverpool 1st feb...

i am inspired and ur right - u only need one.

just have to nail this interview then :eek:
Reply 14
all in eggs in one basket :eek:

so how did you prepare...well done on getting it!
tassy
yep! i just got rejection from nottingham, and didnt wanna got there. but im gutted!!

havent heard from edinburgh or glasgow yet.

only good part is an interview for liverpool. so all in all not lookin too good

how is everyone doing with theirs? and have any had interviews for edinburgh? were they good, bad or ugly

yep, had an interview at ed on wed. Was all very friendly, was surprisingly un-nervous which may have been a bad thing! Basically you sit on one side of this HUGE table, with 3 peeps on the other side and they ask you qus, bout worl exp and personal statement. Make sure you swot up on bird flu. And ethical stuff - animal experiments etc. :smile: Its not too bad so smile :smile:
Reply 16
i got three straight rejections without interview before i got my offer from the rvc but like everyones been saying it only takes one offer to get to vetschool and become a vet! i know rejection sucks but if you get that offer then it doesnt really matter anyway and you can just tell yourself that the other unis are misssing out! thats what i did anyway! :wink:
Reply 17
I was rejected by Cambridge and I'm honestly and truly not bothered.
I did really, really badly in the interview, didn't have an outstanding BMAT, and everyone or the majority have AAA/AAB at AS so i knew i wouldnt get in and i had time to pepare myself for the letter. :rolleyes:
I also knew only around 2% of candidates get 4 offers so I was certainly not expecting four offers lol :p:
And Cambridge was never my first choice, i liked the city and college system but the course is not very practical which i didn't like.
So, so far I'm not bothered, but I will be if i get rejected from one of my other three before getting an offer lol but once i have an offer i wont mind lol :smile:
Reply 18
Yeh I had an interview at Bristol in December, got rejected a few days after, and have now been rejected from Liverpool w/o interview. Got an interview at RVC in Jan some time so I'm really really hoping it will go OK. Still haven't heard from Edinburgh. Has anyone had an interview at RVC recently? I'm hoping that the RVC one's going to go well, I really liked it when I went there for a summer school in Year 11. I've just got this sinking feeling that I'm going to be spending another year working in WHSmiths...:-s
Reply 19
i got rejected by bristol almost immediately after i sent in my applications...
but the offers from glasgow and edinburgh just kept the blues away.

i'm sure it would be nice to get 4 offers. it does something to your ego.

those who alr. hv offers! congrats!
those who dont! keep faith!

Latest

Trending

Trending