The Student Room Group

Satellite re-entry tonight

Scroll to see replies

hampshire, appeared directly over head so obviously nowhere near, went out again at 4:40-4:50, nothing
Reply 41
Original post by antispam246
hampshire, appeared directly over head so obviously nowhere near, went out again at 4:40-4:50, nothing

ah ok. where did you hear that was in that area? isnt it supposed to land in the sea.
Reply 42
Where did it land?
Reply 43
yeah i am wondering that too
i think i can see it from where i am. at least there is definitely a larger than normal light in the sky which is definitely not a plane, space station, star, helicopter, bug, etc :tongue:
Reply 45
ok i will have a look. where are you from
Original post by DJTom
ok i will have a look. where are you from

i'm living in oklahoma at the moment. it's moved quite far since i last saw it so I reckon it is!
Reply 47
Original post by CameraGirl
i'm living in oklahoma at the moment. it's moved quite far since i last saw it so I reckon it is!

ah ok im from cambridge in the uk. i just looked out the window and saw something on the floor im not sure if its drain or this or something else :biggrin:
Original post by DJTom
ah ok im from cambridge in the uk. i just looked out the window and saw something on the floor im not sure if its drain or this or something else :biggrin:

can you see it in the UK then? i'm quite interested in it.
not sure quite what your point is with the drain comment though :tongue:
Reply 49
can you see it in the UK then? i'm quite interested in it.
not sure quite what your point is with the drain comment though :tongue:

nope unless i cant see it where i am from. yeah i am too. i think they might be part of it outside on the road though im not sure if its a drain i know i sound mad :biggrin:
Original post by DJTom
nope unless i cant see it where i am from. yeah i am too. i think they might be part of it outside on the road though im not sure if its a drain i know i sound mad :biggrin:

haha ok :tongue: i think the most recent theory is it's going to land in australia, and it's passed over canada.
Imagine if it had landed on that cube in Mecca? Jesus Christ lol, seeing as it's an American satellite.
Reply 52
haha ok :tongue: i think the most recent theory is it's going to land in australia, and it's passed over canada.

lol

ah ok. its funny how they keep saying differnt places.
Original post by DJTom
lol

ah ok. its funny how they keep saying differnt places.

yeah it was travelling so fast and moving around so much that it was virtually impossible to narrow it further than between latitudes 57N and 57S until recently, and it's still difficult to plot an accurate trajectory.
Reply 54
yeah it was travelling so fast and moving around so much that it was virtually impossible to narrow it further than between latitudes 57N and 57S until recently, and it's still difficult to plot an accurate trajectory.

yeah i know. do you know when it started falling
Original post by DJTom
yeah i know. do you know when it started falling

not entirely sure tbh. i think they said it re-entered, or was due to re-enter the atmosphere between 3.45 and 4.45 your time
Reply 56
not entirely sure tbh. i think they said it re-entered, or was due to re-enter the atmosphere between 3.45 and 4.45 your time

ah ok i will find out. yeah and the bbc said it would be between 11pm and 3am
Reply 57
CameraGirl - i just checked that thing i saw outside and its a drain lol :colondollar:
Reply 58
yeah i know :biggrin: though it was pich dark
Wouldn't be the headline of the century if Gaddafi was crushed by the Satellite?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending