The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
carrots :biggrin:
Original post by Free_Spiritz

Original post by Free_Spiritz
Apologies , that word 'quality' is open to misinterpretation . What I meant was that a higher quality multivitamin would contain stronger doses of the vitamins. A lot of multivitamins in supermarkets will only give around 100% RDA .

Look at the nutritional value of these for instance : http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254578558

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265336636

And if you do some research on RDA you will find that that is only the minimum allowance needed just to keep your body going . Optimum health requires stronger doses.

And you only absorb a certain amount of multivitamin anyway, so it just means that more will be excreted in your urine if you go for stronger doses. So if (for arguments sake) you can only absorb 10mg of vitamin C a day, whether you have a tablet that contains 20mg, or 50mg is irrelevant - you will still only absorb the 10mg.

And do you actually know how RDAs are calculated? They're set so that their value meets the requirements of 97% of the population. So for some people it will be more than enough (in fact, for the majority) so you're actually talking a load of rubbish.
Original post by Sadian
Nope, must do so soon! Sound quite good.

You can get 3 for £1 at Asda! They are absolutely delicious, they resemble tiny pumpkins and taste like a mix between mango and apricot.
Reply 23
Apparently plantains aren't actually fruits.

Also: sweetcorn.
In case you are wondering I think you have what's called "oral allergy syndrome". Research and see if it makes sense.
(edited 7 years ago)
I haven't heard of any FDA approved medication or therapy besides "immunotherapy" for allergies. It's adherence to treatment is very low because you need lots of visits to get the shots and progressively increase the doses. Usually if you miss a couple of shots on the sequence then you have to start from scratch.
On the multivitamin topic you can try a liquid multivitamin that has better bioavailability than a pill version.
I use one I get on amazon and the brand is "tropical oasis".

Latest