Doctor Who- Episode 12- Closing Time- 24/9/2011: 19.10- No Future Spoilers Watch

Poll: How do rate this weeks episode?
Excellent (27)
30.68%
Good (39)
44.32%
Poor (17)
19.32%
Awful (5)
5.68%
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Here is the thread for tonight’s latest instalment of Dr Who Series 6, Closing Time, the penultimate episode of the series. Please refrain from posting about future episodes of Dr Who. Speculation about the future belongs in this thread. WARNING: That thread does contain some minor spoilers in places. Keep discussion on just this episode.

Synopsis

Spoiler:
Show
In the last few days of his life, the Doctor pays a farewell visit to his old friend Craig, and encounters a mystery, as the time-travelling drama continues.

People are going missing, a silver rat scuttles in the shadows of a department store, and somewhere close by the Cybermen are waiting…

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith, Craig by James Corden, Amy by Karen Gillan and Rory by Arthur Darvill.

Poll to go up after the episode has aired.

The Trailer

Previews

AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Here is the thread for tomorrow night’s latest instalment of Dr Who Series 6, Closing Time, the penultimate episode of the series. Please refrain from posting about future episodes of Dr Who. Speculation about the future belongs in this thread. WARNING: That thread does contain some minor spoilers in places. Keep discussion on just this episode.

Synopsis

Spoiler:
Show
In the last few days of his life, the Doctor pays a farewell visit to his old friend Craig, and encounters a mystery, as the time-travelling drama continues.

People are going missing, a silver rat scuttles in the shadows of a department store, and somewhere close by the Cybermen are waiting…

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith, Craig by James Corden, Amy by Karen Gillan and Rory by Arthur Darvill.

Poll to go up after the episode has aired.

The Trailer

[]KHB-iT7QpIM[/youtube]

Previews

Didnt realize Amy and Rory would be back this episode!
Why is it showing tomorrow and not today?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
Spoiler:
Show
Didnt realize Amy and Rory would be back this episode!
Why is it showing tomorrow and not today?
Sorry my mistake, I copied the top paragraph and changed it from last time I did an episode thread. It is today

I'd put that in a spoiler as some people might not want to know that until the episode has finished.

In response
Spoiler:
Show
My guess is that they casually meet him or are looking for him at the end to lead us to the finale
jojospacemunky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
looking forward to it just for some of the one liners featured in the previewed made me chuckle =D
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry my mistake, I copied the top paragraph and changed it from last time I did an episode thread. It is today

I'd put that in a spoiler as some people might not want to know that until the episode has finished.

In response
Spoiler:
Show
My guess is that they casually meet him or are looking for him at the end to lead us to the finale
Oh, thats a relief
Spoiler:
Show
I am so glad they are back! I have grown on them, strangely, and before Amy used to irritate me.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
Oh, thats a relief
Spoiler:
Show
I am so glad they are back! I have grown on them, strangely, and before Amy used to irritate me.
For spoiler tages your second [ spoiler ] needs to be [ /spoiler ] (minus the spaces)
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For spoiler tages your second [ spoiler ] needs to be [ /spoiler ] (minus the spaces)
If you want to show how bbcode works, put the tags inside [noparse ][/noparse ] tags such as here.[spoiler]x[/spoiler] (I couldn't seem to get it to work with the noparse tags themself though :P
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know that, I just forgot the slash And only notied after I finished cleaning
aliasunknown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
really looking forward to this episode, i really like Craig so i hope they dont kill him off.
smoliver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:woo: I'm so excited for this one. I love episodes with the cybermen in it. Although Daleks are so much better...
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope this episode is good. I hate James Corden though.
cambo211
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Love that perfume ad.

Petrichor: For the girl who's tired of waiting.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just flicked down to the bottom so that I don't read anything that might have already been posted; but just to say I'm soo excited! Have in on Sky+ and almost ready to watch; I can't wait!
ForensicShoe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'Why a shop, why not a nuclear power station?'

Because the BBC set budget doesn't stretch that far Doctor you silly boy!
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well that ending was complete and utter *******s.

Will they **** off with the 'emotions cure everything' plot contrivance. Absolute ****e.

The episode was doing ok up until that moment.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Blast meant to make the poll public!
cambo211
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Best episode of this half series for me.

Although i second Mess.'s comments.
kog
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
thought it was a great episode, however i thought the encounter with the cybermen at the end was a bit of an anti-climax personally, but next episode looks brilliant from that trailer!
sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was poor and this is coming from someone who loved The Lodger. Even the ending couldn't save it although it did get me fired off for next week's episode but it just couldn't salvage the episode. It lacked any threats or plot and it fell flat.

Oh and can we please stop with the whole "love saves the day" resolution?
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I quite enjoyed that episode. I know James Corden isn't everyones cup of tea, but I think Craig and the Doctor are go good together.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (256)
32.08%
The paper was reasonable (390)
48.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (90)
11.28%
It was TERRIBLE (62)
7.77%

Watched Threads