What do you think of people who wear 'University of...' hoodies outside university? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Chav Princess
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
1) Fresher who's really happy to be at their university, and wants the whole world to know (note: this excitement lasts 1 to 2 weeks maximum).

2) University snob who goes to a prestigious university and wants other students who might be around to know that they they go to a better university than them.

3) Student who goes to an ex-poly university and wants members of the public who aren't students to know that they actually go to university and thus are 'educated'.

4) Student who has forgotten to do that week's washing and only has their university hoodie lying around, and it's cold outside.

Thoughts?
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
5) Student who bought a society hoody and wants to actually get some use out of it instead of worrying people are going to assume I'm doing 1, 3 or 4. (Meee. )
Nokiacrazi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
6) Student who wants something to wear.
BigJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why buy a hoodie and not wear it?
Einheri
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't have any strong feelings about it. I do find it strange though that everyone complains about having to wear uniform in school then go to university and buy a hoody with the university's logo on it.
-Illmatic-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
are you jel you dont go to Oxford, brah? :pierre:

DdotT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
7) Person who wants to because they can.
Vozhak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am people who see it as just another piece of clothing and just put it on....
dunnicare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by -Illmatic-)
are you jel you dont go to Oxford, brah? :pierre:

I clicked "here" for more. :mmm:
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
8) Student that bought a hoody and likes to wear it.

I do agree with the uniform observation, though.
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like it, I just hate when people wear the hoodies and they aren't actually attending that uni.

Tops you get from New Look which have random American unis on them disgust me.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well it depends what uni they are at.

I would usually go home and look up their university's respective position in the league tables to determine what I think. If they go to a uni that was lower than mine then HA I judge them for wasting taxpayers money going to a second rate uni. If they go to one higher than mine then I hate them for being uni snobs.
-Illmatic-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dunnicare)
I clicked "here" for more. :mmm:
:facepalm:

lol.
Ory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you don't or didn't go to that college, it's the equivalent of wearing Superdry.
viffer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You need to get out more .... without or without a hoodie. May I ask what drives you to start such pointless threads?
spocckka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
I like it, I just hate when people wear the hoodies and they aren't actually attending that uni.

Tops you get from New Look which have random American unis on them disgust me.
Yes yes yes yes.
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
Well it depends what uni they are at.

I would usually go home and look up their university's respective position in the league tables to determine what I think. If they go to a uni that was lower than mine then HA I judge them for wasting taxpayers money going to a second rate uni. If they go to one higher than mine then I hate them for being uni snobs.
Oh, you! :mmm:
Maicccccmannnn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
4, for me anyway
Aesc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My friend (year 12) wore a uni of Cambridge hoodie his sister got him (she went there, he wanted to) when he was visiting another university. It was either because he had nothing else to wear or, more likely, because he was too thick to realise how idiotic it was :p:
Mr Dangermouse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Einheri)
I don't have any strong feelings about it. I do find it strange though that everyone complains about having to wear uniform in school then go to university and buy a hoody with the university's logo on it.
Most school uniforms aren't hoodies.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.61%
The paper was reasonable (1164)
54.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (460)
21.57%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.25%

Watched Threads