Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So youtube is being annoying as usual it won't let me open this video and I'm living in france. The problem is I really need to see the video to help me in accounting, but there's no way I can access it . Does anyone think there's a way they can save the video and send it to me?
    It would be EXTREMELY helpful
    Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp7RL...k1o8sA&index=4

(Original post by pwad)
    So youtube is being annoying as usual it won't let me open this video and I'm living in france. The problem is I really need to see the video to help me in accounting, but there's no way I can access it . Does anyone think there's a way they can save the video and send it to me?
    It would be EXTREMELY helpful
    Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp7RL...sA&index=4
    This rental is currently unavailable in your country.

I'm in england

If you want to see it I think you could do this.

Go to an online youtube downloader and download that video by pasting the link into it

Worked didn't it?

Or try a proxy and change your country on it

ReputationRep:
    Or you go online and look for a free proxy from a country that can see the video and watch it using the proxy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    This rental is currently unavailable in your country.

I'm in england

If you want to see it I think you could do this.

Go to an online youtube downloader and download that video by pasting the link into it

Worked didn't it?

Or try a proxy and change your country on it
    (Original post by Chr0n)
    Or you go online and look for a free proxy from a country that can see the video and watch it using the proxy.
    Damn none of these ways work. I put in the link in my youtube downloader didn't work, tried an online youtube downloader still didn't work.
    Tried changing the proxy to another country still get the same message: This video is unavailible in your country. I see no other way- could someone please just send me this (it;ll only take 5 mins of your time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pwad)
    Tried changing the proxy to another country still get the same message: This video is unavailible in your country. I see no other way- could someone please just send me this (it;ll only take 5 mins of your time)
    Using a proxy does work as long as you use a proxy from a country that can see the video. For example some videos are blocked in Austria, but not in the US, if I use a proxy from the US, I will have a US IP address and therefore youtube thinks that I am from the US and I can watch the video (i have tested this several times myself and I guarantee you that it does work).

(Original post by pwad)
    Damn none of these ways work. I put in the link in my youtube downloader didn't work, tried an online youtube downloader still didn't work.
    Try another youtube downloader online

Or on your computer change the location of where you are located

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 27, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.