Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! On Tuesday I have an interview for a part-time job at an Odeon cinema as a team member. I was just wondering what sort of interview questions I should expect and whether they usually do group or individual interviews?

Also, does anyone know what the pay is like?

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    "What was the last film you watched?"

"What did you like about it?"

"What didn't you like XXX and XXX?" (Be wary that the interviewer has a high chance of knowing what film you are talking about, for obvious reasons)

"What can you bring to our company?"

"Do you have any cash handling/customer experience?" (Normally used to see what area you belong such as Box Office, Concessions or Floor Staff)

The pay is probably minimum wage for a new person, with free popcorn and movies per week.

*I worked in another cinema company for 5 years (part time)*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateMP)
    Hello! On Tuesday I have an interview for a part-time job at an Odeon cinema as a team member. I was just wondering what sort of interview questions I should expect and whether they usually do group or individual interviews?

Thank you in advance
    I think you might be at the same interview as me O.O Metrocentre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L3mon)
    "What was the last film you watched?"

"What did you like about it?"

"What didn't you like XXX and XXX?" (Be wary that the interviewer has a high chance of knowing what film you are talking about, for obvious reasons)

"What can you bring to our company?"

"Do you have any cash handling/customer experience?" (Normally used to see what area you belong such as Box Office, Concessions or Floor Staff)

The pay is probably minimum wage for a new person, with free popcorn and movies per week.

*I worked in another cinema company for 5 years (part time)*
    Thank you, that's really helpful Now I just have to work out how to explain my love for LOTR...

(Original post by Sendaii)
    I think you might be at the same interview as me O.O Metrocentre?
    Haha, yesss! Good luck ;D

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yesss! Good luck ;D
    You too. Coincidence and a half that one O.O

ReputationRep:

Thank you in advance
    Minimum wage.

I've worked in 3 cinemas.

I wouldn't expect free popcorn, you may get a discount on it though. And yes, free tickets.

ReputationRep:
    You too. Coincidence and a half that one O.O
    Failed miserably. </3 After they told me I'd have to work 'til 3am I kinda stopped trying...

Did you get through to the next stage?

ReputationRep:
    Failed miserably. &lt;/3 After they told me I'd have to work 'til 3am I kinda stopped trying...

:knuddel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *hakz*)
    :knuddel:
    <3 thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Failed miserably. </3 After they told me I'd have to work 'til 3am I kinda stopped trying...

Nope

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    Their loss man.

Also, I failed to see the relevance of the plane crash task!?

Out of interest, who were you? I was the girl with the curly dark hair who barely said anything, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Their loss man.

Also, I failed to see the relevance of the plane crash task!?

Out of interest, who were you? I was the girl with the curly dark hair who barely said anything, haha.
    I was wearing a black jacket, a white shirt, glasses and jeans. I didn't even get to the group interview stage cos I wouldn't be able to go to the induction cos of work and college -.-

ReputationRep:
    I was wearing a black jacket, a white shirt, glasses and jeans. I didn't even get to the group interview stage cos I wouldn't be able to go to the induction cos of work and college -.-
    Oh, I didn't see you then The group interview was awful. You didn't miss much.

Yeah, they looked really puzzled when I said I wouldn't be able to work until 3am because of sixth form! But I lied and said I'd do it so I could get to the interview, haha..

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I didn't see you then The group interview was awful. You didn't miss much.

Yeah, they looked really puzzled when I said I wouldn't be able to work until 3am because of sixth form! But I lied and said I'd do it so I could get to the interview, haha..
    If it was anything like other group interviews I've been to, it would have been both bewildering and degrading.

ReputationRep:
    If it was anything like other group interviews I've been to, it would have been both bewildering and degrading.
    I can confirm that it was!

ReputationRep:
    How did you get a job there? Was their a vacancy online or something?

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm that it was!
    No surprises there then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okeefematt)
    Vacancies were advertised on their site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okeefematt)
    I didn't get a job, wahhh.

But yeah, they advertise vacancies on their website https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/odeon/Search.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to their selection day on weds...what should i expect?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.