The Student Room Group

9Hrs on a Megabus, help.

Scroll to see replies

I spent 12 hours (Because of a crash just on the outskirts of Birmingham) going from Portsmouth to Manchester, worst day of my life, and cost me £20 in a taxi to get home from the bus station because of the delay. We didn't stop once, was less than impressed.
I've done 16 hours on a coach before to Rouen from Nottingham with lots of stops. I was with friends so we chatted and listened to music and then when everything ran out of battery I slept. If you can sleep on a coach then go for it, but if you can't it will be a tough 9 hours.
iPod Classic, 160GB.
Get a big 'top rated playlist' etc and chuck it on for the duraton. I lost 1/3 of my battery in 12 hours, it lasts forever if you don't play with it.
FYI, you wont be sat there for 9 hours straight. You will be stopping at various places and remember the driver needs to take a rest like every 2 hours for like 10 minutes or something.
Original post by truechristian91
FYI, you wont be sat there for 9 hours straight. You will be stopping at various places and remember the driver needs to take a rest like every 2 hours for like 10 minutes or something.

We didn't stop once, we picked up another driver at some services and carried on without actually stopping. Was horrid.
I've got to say that it was one of the worst travel experiences of my entire life-scrap that-one of the worst experiences of my life. We left about midnight from victoria to travel to inverness or may have been perth. The driver was one of the most rude arrogant and unhelpful people i have ever come across, the coach was dirty, cramped, falling apart, and to top it off they told no us on the way back to not use the toilet as they hadn't emptied it....this was non stop from perth to victoria!
IF you go with them, travel VERY light as there is bugger all room and don't expect anything from it apart from hopefully arriving at your destination in a particuarly foul mood!
Reply 26
Original post by speedfour1990

IF you go with them, travel VERY light as there is bugger all room and don't expect anything from it apart from hopefully arriving at your destination in a particuarly foul mood!

Absolutely right!!
I remember one really bad overnight, obviously I needed to sleep so put my earplugs in and closed my eyes...well so much for that. There was a woman sat next to me who kept on talking to me, even when I put my earplugs in she would start asking me more questions..."where are you going...whats your plans...where are you staying...have you been to london before...what do you study....how much do you pay for accommodation....where are your family from....whats it like living far from home..." BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Now, normally I love to chat with people, I am a friendly polite person but I just could not understand why this person was being so inconsiderate, she could see that I was closing my eyes, it was 2am for gods sake :mad:

As I say, I'm normally very friendly and chatty but when I need to sleep, and some stranger keeps me awake, it just pisses me off big time. I've since learnt that an eyemask is the best solution, you are less likely to be disturbed then!

Quick Reply

Latest