Turn on thread page Beta

Pre-reg question! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my pre-reg with Rowlands and the store im in is a small one in a village. I'm the only one working 40 hours there...all the others work 20 hours and my tutor (also the pharmacist) works 32. Anyway, my tutor's said she doesnt want me taking any Friday's off because she's short staffed at the end of the week. The thing is, I want Fridays off because I like doing stuff with my weekends - going away on short holidays and stuff. Anyway, I've said to her that I'll try not to take Fridays off...but now I'm thinking...why do I have to cover her staff shortages? I'm surplus to requirement anyway, so I should get any time off I want - right?
    How can I deal with this without annoying my tutor????? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to take every friday off? It might be worth asking for certain Fridays off so that you can go away - and explain this to her. You want the friday off so you can see friends and do prereg evidences over the weekend.

In a way you do need to realise you're now training to be a pharmacist and you will need to work as part of a team and ensure sufficient staffing to meet the demands of the patients. For the next few years there will always be someone above you telling you what to do, whether this is in a community multiple or in the hospital. More-so in hospital!

How come you're working so many hours? Do you get a day off for studying? Does it not state in the prereg handbook that you shouldn't be doing more than 37.5 hours a week or am I making that up? You should have a look through the book to find information on this.

I would say try and compromise with your tutor. Say you understand you can't have every friday off but you would like to take the odd friday off here and there. Explain why and she might be more flexible towards your situation as well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 30, 2011

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.