Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am new on the forum i am right now in year 10 taking my GCSE's in egypt.

I came to the school this year and before the year started and i got my subject option paper and 'physics' was no option but i found out eventually after a while that it was an option but my whole class when they were still in year 9 they all wanted physics so the school did not bother to put another option to physics.

I went to the teacher and the principal and i asked them if i was able to change physics but they said unfortunately there is no other option till the next year or term open because all of my class mates wanted physics so there is no teacher free at the physics period to give me some other lesson.

So i accepted the fact and continued physics for a while though i hate it and i can't even understand anything in it so since now the last lesson my physics teacher starts annoying me with like letting me stay in class because i am not good enough in physics though i don't even care.

So i heard today from a few people i should go to my teacher and principal and say that i want to drop the subject.

But they didn't really explain what it meant if it was just asking for a replacement subject like i did before or actually with dropping really dropping because i know i wont be able to do my GCSE in physics simply because i suck at it and i don't even like it.

So i wanted to ask on here if anyone knew more about dropping a subject and also if there are maybe other ways of getting rid of my problem.

Thank you.

Regards jemy

ReputationRep:
    What is it you want to do at university or as a career if you don't intend on going to university?

ReputationRep:
    How many other GCSEs are you taking? If you really dont like it and dont want to do ti that much just ask if you can drop it outright, not replace it.

ReputationRep:
    I intend to do nothing physics related at unvi or science related.

And i take 9 subjects including physics.

Maths,english (2nd),german(1st),geography,hist ory,ict,business,biology,physics

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.