Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry if my posts are against your norms, or my standard of English is deemed ten-year old in the UK.
    My mom's a British and my dad's an American. Currently, I've chosen the British education system over the American after an argument with my dad. Well, I've always been sort of a pro-Britain like my mom.
    However, it do seemed that my nationality as an American really trigger some disrespect from British.. I consider myself more towards my maternal side, and wishes to study in Oxbridge over the Ivy League, which led me to this forum.
    Then it came about that I was hated, seriously, and was thought to be a Pakistani (maybe because of my phrasing). Lol

Do British citizens really hate Americans? I need an honest answer.
    Here's my thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1790947.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why should being American affect your grammar...?

ReputationRep:
    Study at Oxbridge yet your grammar is as sophisticated as a 10 year olds? I don't want to go crushing any dreams of yours but...

I'm taking a wild guess at it being your first language aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Trooooooooooooooooooll.

ReputationRep:
    The average British citizen has a view that Americans are all overweight, hopelessly patriotic of a country that meddles in other countries' affairs, as well as having an average IQ of 50.
    Your post doesn't exactly smite that view.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem with Americans, or in fact most people, who can use grammar properly.

ReputationRep:
    "Mom's a British"

Lulz.

ReputationRep:
    No, your mum's a Brit.

ReputationRep:
    "However, it do seemed that my nationality as an American really trigger some disrespect from British.."

"However, it do seemed that my nationality as an American"

"it do seemed that my nationality"

"it do seemed that"

"it do seemed"

"do seemed"

"do seemed"

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    No, your mum's a Brit.
    My mom is British too. :bootyshake:

ReputationRep:
    We don't really hate Americans - we just find the stereotype amusing.

If you seriously want to go to Oxbridge (or want people to think English is your first language), then I would suggest improving your grammar...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectachiever)
    Thanks
    You seriously need to work on your grammar and live up to your username..'cause at the moment you are failing.

no offence, but you can't expect a serious answer if you claim to be an American and write like that.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he really is 10 yrs old at this point in time, in any case i can't help but laugh at the username chosen ... 'perfectachiever' ...

ReputationRep:
    As the TSR's MUN USA Rep, I feel it is my duty to voice my opinion on this thread.

(Did you see what I did there?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    My mom is British too. :bootyshake:

How delightfully perverse. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Only on xbox live

ReputationRep:
    You're not American. English isn't your first language. And you couldn't get into Oxbridge or the Ivy League.

ReputationRep:
    Your grammer is shocking...so good luck with Oxbridge.

Plus its MUM not MOM...Your posting on a UK forum, please try a use the correct spelling...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectachiever)
    I'm really sorry if my posts are against your norms, or my standard of English is deemed ten-year old in the UK.
    My mom's a British and my dad's an American. Currently, I've chosen the British education system over the American after an argument with my dad. Well, I've always been sort of a pro-Britain like my mom.
    However, it do seemed that my nationality as an American really trigger some disrespect from British.. I consider myself more towards my maternal side, and wishes to study in Oxbridge over the Ivy League, which led me to this forum.
    Then it came about that I was hated, seriously, and was thought to be a Pakistani (maybe because of my phrasing). Lol

Thanks
    Hey pakistanis have perfect english- They learn British English from a young age.. No British people dont hate Americans it's just banter.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.