Turn on thread page Beta

Our love story, Indian boy and Chinese girl watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I don't really know whom to and how I can express my problem.
    So, I just thought of writing it here. I hope it's not the wrong place.

Ok so here's the thing...

I'm an Indian guy 22 yrs old and I went to UK in 2010 jan to study masters in accntg. I happened to meet a Chinese girl 24 yrs old in Cambridge n we fell in love. She later went to Kent to study and I moved in with her n completed my dissertation.

My visa expired in July n I left back to my place. She too left to china in sept. We both are going back to UK as we have 2 yrs wrk visa. We are going to stay together and search for jobs but I heard the present economic condition in UK is really bad. I'm really concerned about this.

We both love each other so much, we want to marry after a couple of years. The problem is I can't go n stay in china because we cannot afford a house there and her parents won't let me marry her bcoz of this. And neither she is comfortable staying in India. She is willin to stay abroad. We both love UK so much but I don't think well be able to extend visas because of the strict rules that had been introduced recently.

I really love her and I can't imagine my life without her. She too is willing to give up staying in china for our sake.

I'm so confused and don't really know what to do. I don't want to ruin my relationship as a result of this problem.

Can anyone guide me with my problem and offer a solution.

Cheers
    :-)

ReputationRep:
    I just had an awesome idea for a new take-away restaraunt
    /
    perhaps move to a diff country like Spain, or one with simular culture to the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Take the chance and make the most of your visa...you may come up with a solution in the two years. Lifes about taking risks, if it doesn't work out then at least you know you gave it a shot.

ReputationRep:
    @ Rosie120788

Thanks for that. Yes, we'll try our best!

@ Jonesdawiz
    Yeah! I thought about that. But, do you get visa for that? We both cook great... hehe

ReputationRep:
    anymore suggestions plz?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, getting a job may be a little difficult at this present time. But if you two are truly in love with each other like you say you are, then I would definitely suggest moving back to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea to try and find a job in the UK - you have 2 years for an opportunity to present itself. In that time you may be able to save up some money and move wherever you want. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joel4u)
    We both love each other so much, we want to marry after a couple of years. The problem is I can't go n stay in china because we cannot afford a house there and her parents won't let me marry her bcoz of this. And neither she is comfortable staying in India. She is willin to stay abroad. We both love UK so much but I don't think well be able to extend visas because of the strict rules that had been introduced recently.

I really love her and I can't imagine my life without her. She too is willing to give up staying in china for our sake.
    Why do you need to buy a house? China's a relatively poor country, I'm sure a university-educated person can get a job there that pays well enough to rent a place until you've gathered enough money to buy your own place. And you don't need to marry her straight away.

How about places like Hong Kong, more of a cross between China and Britain? Might be easier than Britain in terms of visas etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joel4u)
    Hi everyone,
    I don't really know whom to and how I can express my problem.
    So, I just thought of writing it here. I hope it's not the wrong place.

Ok so here's the thing...

I'm an Indian guy 22 yrs old and I went to UK in 2010 jan to study masters in accntg. I happened to meet a Chinese girl 24 yrs old in Cambridge n we fell in love. She later went to Kent to study and I moved in with her n completed my dissertation.

My visa expired in July n I left back to my place. She too left to china in sept. We both are going back to UK as we have 2 yrs wrk visa. We are going to stay together and search for jobs but I heard the present economic condition in UK is really bad. I'm really concerned about this.

I'm so confused and don't really know what to do. I don't want to ruin my relationship as a result of this problem.

Can anyone guide me with my problem and offer a solution.

Cheers
    :-)
    China is a good place to go to. They have a big demand for accountants and many jobs are very much possible to do without speaking or writing Chinese.

Well get a job in Britain, save up the money and buy a flat there, generally most Chinese parents will help their kids out when it comes to buying a first home, I know all my cousins who have Chinese blood in them all had such help.

Otherwise.... could always try moving to Singapore Got to do this soon though, they are also in the midst of changing their immigration laws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    Why do you need to buy a house? China's a relatively poor country, I'm sure a university-educated person can get a job there that pays well enough to rent a place until you've gathered enough money to buy your own place. And you don't need to marry her straight away.

How about places like Hong Kong, more of a cross between China and Britain? Might be easier than Britain in terms of visas etc.
    Um, relative to what?

OP, why don't you spend your 2 year work visa working and saving money together, then start planning what will happen after that, once you have a better idea of your situation and opportunities. Take it one step at a time. The world is a big place, and with some decent skills and qualifications, you could probably pick any country in the world to go and live together. But to start off with, take your UK work visa and get the ball rolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the cake lady)
    Um, relative to what?
    Relative to the other countries in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...al)_per_capita

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    Relative to the other countries in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...al)_per_capita
    GDP per capita is not directly proportional to the quality of life. It also doesn't take into account living costs.

Yes, if we divide all the countries in the world into simply rich or poor, then yeah sure China may be poor.

Relative to people in the UK, China is poorer but relative to the OP who is Indian, China is rich/er. He cannot base a life-decision like where in the world to live on 'rich' or 'poor' countries.

ReputationRep:
    Just a chinese girl, livin' in a chinese world, she took the midnight train going anyyywhereee.

just an indian boy, born and raised in south... Delhi? He took the midnight train going anyyywhereeee.

ReputationRep:
    Must, resist, urge, to, make , curry-related joke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    I think it's a good idea to try and find a job in the UK - you have 2 years for an opportunity to present itself. In that time you may be able to save up some money and move wherever you want. Good luck.
    Yes, that sounds practical!. Thanks

(Original post by HJV)

Yes, but the problem is she's from Beijing and if any foreigner goes there and gets a job won't be able to buy a house in his entire lifetime. That's why Chinese parents are interested in finding a Chinese boy who has family wealth.

(Original post by Erich Hartmann)
    China is a good place to go to. They have a big demand for accountants and many jobs are very much possible to do without speaking or writing Chinese.

Well get a job in Britain, save up the money and buy a flat there, generally most Chinese parents will help their kids out when it comes to buying a first home, I know all my cousins who have Chinese blood in them all had such help.

Otherwise.... could always try moving to Singapore Got to do this soon though, they are also in the midst of changing their immigration laws.
    That's an interesting thing. Never thought there would be jobs in Beijing that wouldn't need Chinese! Well, anyways i'm gona learn Chinese next year with her.

(Original post by Naero)
    Just a chinese girl, livin' in a chinese world, she took the midnight train going anyyywhereee.

just an indian boy, born and raised in south... Delhi? He took the midnight train going anyyywhereeee.
    Ahhh... yes! we boarded a train at the Kings Cross station to Hogwarts!

(Original post by Pedrocowman)
    Must, resist, urge, to, make , curry-related joke!
    Grrrr! LOL

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem. If you got a good degree you'll get a job somewhere in UK. Don't worry about that.

But, I wouldn't come to the UK if I was with you, everything is pretty bleak here at the moment to be honest.

What about America?

ReputationRep:
    I completed my Msc in accounting and finance and she has done in IT and enterpreneurship

ReputationRep:
    Beijing is really not fit for you guys to live. Life is so hard in Beijing, most of the local Beijingers like me, they've already moved outside China. Hope you two find jobs in UK and start happy and easy life there.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I think you should marry her go for it man chinese people are very kind hearted and very affectionate god bless u

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.