Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to an induction meeting the other day and the course leader told everyone that the timetable would be on the personal 'blackboard' thing that my uni has and that if we can't find it contact him. I couldn't find it and emailed him but he never replied and so I searched again in other sections and found a timetable for 2011/12 semester 1 and it gives details about tomorrow but for only 1 week, does each weeks timetable be the exact same for the semester? I contacted student support and they said they don't have timetables but come to them when they open at 8.30am on monday which is at the other side of campus (30 minute walk) my course leader did say that lectures usually start at 10am but I'm afraid that if I go the the help desk and they told me how to get the proper timetable and it turns out I have a lecture at 9am and I wouldn't make in on time, what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddman10)
    I went to an induction meeting the other day and the course leader told everyone that the timetable would be on the personal 'blackboard' thing that my uni has and that if we can't find it contact him. I couldn't find it and emailed him but he never replied and so I searched again in other sections and found a timetable for 2011/12 semester 1 and it gives details about tomorrow but for only 1 week, does each weeks timetable be the exact same for the semester? I contacted student support and they said they don't have timetables but come to them when they open at 8.30am on monday which is at the other side of campus (30 minute walk) my course leader did say that lectures usually start at 10am but I'm afraid that if I go the the help desk and they told me how to get the proper timetable and it turns out I have a lecture at 9am and I wouldn't make in on time, what should I do?
    How is that any different to not knowing there was a lecture and missing it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine your timetable will be the same for the rest of the semester- universities have thousands of students doing hundreds of different modules. It'd be a nightmare scheduling different times each week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    I'd imagine your timetable will be the same for the rest of the semester- universities have thousands of students doing hundreds of different modules. It'd be a nightmare scheduling different times each week.
    So do you think I should just stick with the timetable I found and they can't really do anything if it's wrong because it should have been taken off the site, a weird thing is that I googled the lecturers names and nothing showed up relating to the uni but that could be normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddman10)
    So do you think I should just stick with the timetable I found and they can't really do anything if it's wrong because it should have been taken off the site, a weird thing is that I googled the lecturers names and nothing showed up relating to the uni but that could be normal.
    Yeah, I'd just go with what you've found. On my course, there's a booklet online for each module which you're given a hard copy of in the first lecture, that has a bit on where and when lectures are. Can you see anything like that anywhere that might confirm it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    You'd be surprised. A lot of people I know at various unis have timetables that change every week.

ReputationRep:
    Not your fault if you miss that first lecture, and dont worry about it. Just keep nagging them to get it sorted.

ReputationRep:
    turns out it was the wrong timetable but I got the new one and didn't miss anything important.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.