Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've looked up my timetable on the student portal and it has listed a bunch of seminars. Do these start next week along with everything else?? I have no idea which ones I am supposed to go to because it lists several each day. Are we just supposed to wait until we are told which group we will be in? I'm confused...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia12)
    So I've looked up my timetable on the student portal and it has listed a bunch of seminars. Do these start next week along with everything else?? I have no idea which ones I am supposed to go to because it lists several each day. Are we just supposed to wait until we are told which group we will be in? I'm confused...
    most likely what will happen is they will explain it all in the first lecture, and they will tell you what you have to sign up to. Normally with tutorials and seminars you have to sign up on www.abdn.ac.uk/mycourses or something like that, but im guessing your in first year, and this is all explained in your first lecture.

You would most likely have to attend only 1 or 2, it depends on course but you will b put in a group and told which ones to attend.

ReputationRep:
    If these are the seminars in Honours year then it's recommended you attend as many as possible for the additional and most up to date information that may help out in your exams. Of course these aren't a mandatory part of your course and people only tend to go to ones that sound interesting if at all. If it's your first year on the other hand then I guess the timetable will be referring to tutorials or lectures?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.