Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody tell me how many modules you have to do for AS OCR Mei further Maths, and how many compulsory modules there are for AS ocr mei further maths

And how many compulsory and optional modules there are for the A2?

ReputationRep:
    3modules, 2 compulsory (C1 and C2), 1 optional (from M1, S1 and D1)
    Again for A2, 3 more modules, 2 compulsory (C3 and C4), 1 optional (from M1, M2, S1, S2, D1, D2. Can only do _2 if have done _1 at AS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artemis 97)
    3modules, 2 compulsory (C1 and C2), 1 optional (from M1, S1 and D1)
    Again for A2, 3 more modules, 2 compulsory (C3 and C4), 1 optional (from M1, M2, S1, S2, D1, D2. Can only do _2 if have done _1 at AS)
    What about further maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abir Ishtiaq)
    For further AS 1 compulsory module (FP1), 2 optional (from M1, M2, M3, M4, S1, S2, S3, D1 or D2, must do numbers in order- cant take M3 without 1 and 2 in either maths or further)
    A2 2 compulsory modules (FP2 and FP3), 1 optional (from list above)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abir Ishtiaq)
    But if you do maths and further they will swap all the optional applied modules around to give you the best possible scores in both, so you could take M1 for regular and S1 for further but if it will give you higher grades the exam board will count M1 as having been for further and S1 as having been for regular.

ReputationRep:
    For further AS 1 compulsory module (FP1), 2 optional (from M1, M2, M3, M4, S1, S2, S3, D1 or D2, must do numbers in order- cant take M3 without 1 and 2 in either maths or further)
    A2 2 compulsory modules (FP2 and FP3), 1 optional (from list above)
    I swear my school for FM A2 do FP2 M2 S3 so I don't think FP3 is compulsory...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    I swear my school for FM A2 do FP2 M2 S3 so I don't think FP3 is compulsory...
    Oh I was told that it was but it could have been my school stopping us from making a fuss...

ReputationRep:
    Oh I was told that it was but it could have been my school stopping us from making a fuss...
    lol unlucky then- your school gave you the two hardest modules :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    lol unlucky then- your school gave you the two hardest modules :congrats:
    really? I find FP1, 2 and 3 much easier than any of the applieds. I hated S1, M1 and 2 were okay and D1 was strange but fun. But I like proper maths not applied so I find the pure modules and core modules easier.

ReputationRep:
    really? I find FP1, 2 and 3 much easier than any of the applieds. I hated S1, M1 and 2 were okay and D1 was strange but fun. But I like proper maths not applied so I find the pure modules and core modules easier.
    Other way round for me so far- (only done C1/C2/FP1 and M1/S1 doing C3/C4 and D1/S2 right now), so it might change!

ReputationRep:
    Other way round for me so far- (only done C1/C2/FP1 and M1/S1 doing C3/C4 and D1/S2 right now), so it might change!
    D1 I loved, S1 is okay, C3 and 4 are okay but harder than C1 and 2.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2011

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.