Part time/christmas jobs for 16 year old Watch

seeraj15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Where could a 16 year old get a parttime/chrismas job? I've applied for positions at next, boots and matalan but don't even get an interview. What are the chances of getting a job at a new tesco store opening? The council told me they would pass on my details to them then tesco sound get back to me.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Very high, if you can relax and relate with the manager, you'll probably get a job at the tesco.
hash007
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I gave at least 300 cv's to shops before I got a job. I've been handing them out since last September, only last month did I start to get replies. Had 6 calls for an interview, was offered jobs at all the places and took the highest paying place (jewellers).

So if you want a job, don't just apply to a few places and hope to get a reply. You need to apply everywhere and speak to the manager directly when handing in cv's.
seeraj15
Rep:
?
I also filled out an application form for halfords and gave them my cv about 6 weeks ago. Last week I phoned them and spoke to the sales manager about it. He told me he would be looking at the applications over the next 2 weeks. What should I do now?
Silkielemon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hash007)
I gave at least 300 cv's to shops before I got a job. I've been handing them out since last September, only last month did I start to get replies. Had 6 calls for an interview, was offered jobs at all the places and took the highest paying place (jewellers).

So if you want a job, don't just apply to a few places and hope to get a reply. You need to apply everywhere and speak to the manager directly when handing in cv's.
^do this

It's completely down to luck though if i'm honest.

Like recently, I handed in an application and got a 15 hour contract 2 weeks later, but I've barely heard from anyone else but this one place.
xnatalie01x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
WHSmith are quite keen to hire young people I was 15 when I started working there I think Boots is minimum 16 too.

Ask to speak to a manager if you're handing in a cv just have a chat with them it makes so much of a difference! Good luck.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by seeraj15)
Where could a 16 year old get a parttime/chrismas job? I've applied for positions at next, boots and matalan but don't even get an interview. What are the chances of getting a job at a new tesco store opening? The council told me they would pass on my details to them then tesco sound get back to me.
Shop assistants, waitresses in restaurants etc are all places you can apply to. These sorts of places seem to take on a lot of students.
liamcasperdaly79
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=seeraj15;34202841The council told me they would pass on my details to them then tesco sound get back to me.[/QUOTE] why would you give your CV and details on to the council for?
Kt.b
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by seeraj15)
I also filled out an application form for halfords and gave them my cv about 6 weeks ago. Last week I phoned them and spoke to the sales manager about it. He told me he would be looking at the applications over the next 2 weeks. What should I do now?
Wait.
seeraj15
Rep:
?
(Original post by liamcasperdaly79)
why would you give your CV and details on to the council for?
Because thats who you go through as it is a new Tesco store which hasnt opened yet.
seeraj15
Rep:
?
Noone from halfords has got back to me yet and I keep getting rejected from next. Has anyone ever worked in a supermarket which had just opened? And what was the application process like?
chrisgott
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
where can i get a part time job ?????????
chrisgott
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i am looking for a full time job in castleford
chrisgott
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you mean full time? Or do you actually mean permanent part time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%