Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is a long story.

Last year, I got an exceptionally good English teacher (my favorite subject too). She was a new teacher and has just come to the school. She was an really kind and endearing person but some idiots in my class was really mean because she was young and they did some really bad things using the web. It was also a plot against me since I was considered to be the computer expert of the school since I'm a programmer. I was also very unpopular with another English teacher that many other students took lessons with. This other teacher also taught my class another English subject. At first the good teacher began suspecting me but I think her common sense made her change her mind and she asked me directly whether it was me. I said no and that I could help her solve the problem. Using my computer skills I solved the problem to the great dismay of some classmates and the teacher automatically became very friendly with me. I was very grateful for this as I did not have many friends in my class. (In other classes I do have some).

Now , both my English teacher changed to someone else who is not such a good teacher and never returns our assignments. I strongly suspect the previous incident to be the cause of this change. Anyways my old teacher and I still saw each other around the school and we still said hi to each other when we crossed.

Then now suddenly, she has started completely avoiding me. She has previously said that she would correct some extra work for me but when I was about the give it to her she just walked away without saying a word. I don't know why but she seems really upset with me for a reason that I do not even know.

I have absolutely no idea what has happened. The favor that I had done her was a really big one and knowing her character she is a very good person.

I'm thinking of the following factors that may have caused this change.

a. The other school staff have convinced her that I had done the bad deeds and pretended to help when it was really me.

b. Some new incident that I do not know about is happening.

c. I am rather shy and I once sent her an essay by email with no apparent sender id but if she read it she would definitely know it was me. The content was simply a story about a dog (dog is narrating) losing his master when the later went abroad. The dog's sentiments reflected by sentiments when I realized she would no longer be teaching my class. She did not like this action.

d. My father who has gone completely against the rest of the family (I mean really bad) has told tales about me to someone and the news has reached my teacher. Note: He has been doing a lot of things like that with all the other family members recently and I know about some lies he said about me at school (Another teacher told me).

I don't know what to do. Should I just let the friendship fall apart like that or do something? Will she pick up in sometime or will she never talk to me again. I have always been extremely polite and respectful towards her so I can't be that I said something. I'm really sad about this.

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to be friends with your teacher? o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    why would you want to be friends with your teacher? o.O
    Not exactly friends but I don't like unfounded bad feelings towards me. She is normally someone who is kind to everyone. So its more like kindness than friendship

ReputationRep:
    You know, teachers have to keep a very strict relationship with their students, for instance, during my last day in GCSE's, I asked to have a picture taken with my music teacher (it was my favourite lesson, and we had a tight-knit group), but she refused. Teachers aren't allowed to, don't take it personally.

Although if you think something is up, just ask her?

-J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anythingoo1)
    You know, teachers have to keep a very strict relationship with their students, for instance, during my last day in GCSE's, I asked to have a picture taken with my music teacher (it was my favourite lesson, and we had a tight-knit group), but she refused. Teachers aren't allowed to, don't take it personally.

Although if you think something is up, just ask her?

-J
    Tried asking and she walked away without a word! She is really kind to other students. Its like she hates me suddenly when previously she liked me more than others because of my help.

ReputationRep:
    This is just wierd...why do you care what she thinks? If i were her i would want to avoid an annoying kid who wants his work marking when she wont get paid for it. Or maybe shes realised that shes gotten too close to a pupil for comfort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deltabomber)
    This is just wierd...why do you care what she thinks? If i were her i would want to avoid an annoying kid who wants his work marking when she wont get paid for it. Or maybe shes realised that shes gotten too close to a pupil for comfort.
    I don't know if I should let it go after so long. We were very close because the favor was really huge because it involved some really unimaginable bad things. It was so bad that she even cried because of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntelligenceArtifi)
    Tried asking and she walked away without a word! She is really kind to other students. Its like she hates me suddenly when previously she liked me more than others because of my help.
    Then just drop it, I know it's not what you want to hear but trust me, life's too short to have it hanging on these petty things.

-J

ReputationRep:
    It may be that she does not wish to appear over-friendly with a pupil. It could so easily ruin her career.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I should let it go after so long. We were very close because the favor was really huge because it involved some really unimaginable bad things. It was so bad that she even cried because of that.
    Exactly. Shes gotten too close to a student and shes finally learnt from her mistake. Let her put distance between the two of you. And did you rat out someone else for her, if so, do they know it was you?

ReputationRep:
    She may think you fancy her, as you say hi and act happy when you meet her (not that you do fancy her), or she might have a little crush, and therefore tries to break all contact as she knows what would happen to her career if anyone found out.

ReputationRep:
    It is a long story.

Last year, I got an exceptionally good English teacher (my favorite subject too). She was a new teacher and has just come to the school. She was an really kind and endearing person but some idiots in my class was really mean because she was young and they did some really bad things using the web. It was also a plot against me since I was considered to be the computer expert of the school since I'm a programmer. I was also very unpopular with another English teacher that many other students took lessons with. This other teacher also taught my class another English subject. At first the good teacher began suspecting me but I think her common sense made her change her mind and she asked me directly whether it was me. I said no and that I could help her solve the problem. Using my computer skills I solved the problem to the great dismay of some classmates and the teacher automatically became very friendly with me. I was very grateful for this as I did not have many friends in my class. (In other classes I do have some).

Now , both my English teacher changed to someone else who is not such a good teacher and never returns our assignments. I strongly suspect the previous incident to be the cause of this change. Anyways my old teacher and I still saw each other around the school and we still said hi to each other when we crossed.

Then now suddenly, she has started completely avoiding me. She has previously said that she would correct some extra work for me but when I was about the give it to her she just walked away without saying a word. I don't know why but she seems really upset with me for a reason that I do not even know.

I have absolutely no idea what has happened. The favor that I had done her was a really big one and knowing her character she is a very good person.

I'm thinking of the following factors that may have caused this change.

a. The other school staff have convinced her that I had done the bad deeds and pretended to help when it was really me.

b. Some new incident that I do not know about is happening.

c. I am rather shy and I once sent her an essay by email with no apparent sender id but if she read it she would definitely know it was me. The content was simply a story about a dog (dog is narrating) losing his master when the later went abroad. The dog's sentiments reflected by sentiments when I realized she would no longer be teaching my class. She did not like this action.

d. My father who has gone completely against the rest of the family (I mean really bad) has told tales about me to someone and the news has reached my teacher. Note: He has been doing a lot of things like that with all the other family members recently and I know about some lies he said about me at school (Another teacher told me).

I don't know what to do. Should I just let the friendship fall apart like that or do something? Will she pick up in sometime or will she never talk to me again. I have always been extremely polite and respectful towards her so I can't be that I said something. I'm really sad about this.
    The bit in bold is quite odd tbh. I can't understand why 'shy' people end up doing such obviously embarrassing things that even a confident person wouldn't.
    On topic - she was probably just being friendly but cut things off thinking you were getting a bit too close? She was your teacher after all and she has to be professional i.e. she can't be your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHABANA)
    The bit in bold is quite odd tbh. I can't understand why 'shy' people end up doing such obviously embarrassing things that even a confident person wouldn't.
    On topic - she was probably just being friendly but cut things off thinking you were getting a bit too close? She was your teacher after all and she has to be professional i.e. she can't be your friend.
    We never communicated like friends! In fact out of all students I was the most respectful when talking to her always.

ReputationRep:
    We never communicated like friends! In fact out of all students I was the most respectful when talking to her always.
    Yes but you seem kind of attached in the sense that she isn't even teaching you any more but you wish she was just so you could talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    i feel sorry for u...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if troll...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    It may be that she does not wish to appear over-friendly with a pupil. It could so easily ruin her career.
    Would you try incest?

ReputationRep:
    "... And then I crashed into a bus because I was wearing stilletos".

You have too many unfortunate events happening to you at once for me to take you seriously.

ReputationRep:
    English is your best subject you say? ...
    Anyway, I agree with others that the teacher probably doesn't want to be seen as getting too close to a student she no longer teaches, no matter how 'grateful' you believe she should be.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.