Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I think if Wales I think beautiful but not too exciting. However, it's one of the only decent uni's what does my course and think I can do really well there. Can somebody talk me through the night/living side of Aberyswyth??? I'm into revelutionay politics, original/creative fashion and alternative super cool nights out in comparison to main stream club activties haha. I must say it looks incredible with the dolphins and amazing moutains and horse riding ect! But I don't know if I'll enjoy that level of adventureness all the time... I kind of dig the idea of still cute shops, fun parties, good education and rad people? THIS IS ATLEAST THREE YEARS OF MY LIFE PEOPLE

p.s what went down at freshers?

ReputationRep:
    You never know you might love it so much that you stay in Wales: get your degree in Wales, buy a house there, settle down with a nice sheep. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    You never know you might love it so much that you stay in Wales: get your degree in Wales, buy a house there, settle down with a nice sheep. Good luck!
    Hahahaha :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    haha ledge!

ReputationRep:
    1 year for me there was more than enough LOL.

I don't think I'd ever want to go back again.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as a fresher, there's been plenty of stuff to do. I've never had a night where I haven't found something I'm interested in, and I'm not big on the nightlife thing so I reckon that's pretty impressive. There's enough pubs, clubs and bars for everyone - quiz nights, themed parties, society socials etc. And with the weather as it has been, bbq's on the beach have been pretty immense too. Although I've only just been here a week, so mine's probably not the best opinion to go on for a 3 years thing, but so far I've really enjoyed it to be honest. I don't feel like I'm missing out by not being in a big city, everyone puts enough effort in to make it not matter that, yeah, you're in Wales. In a seaside town. They're not really renowned for being the most exciting of places but to be honest it's the students that make the difference and make it fun.
    *shrugs* if you want a big city experience then it's obviously not for you, but if you're not that bothered by it then it's pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    All the sheep are mine :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Can't beat a good beer drinking

ReputationRep:
    I come from Southampton and not missed the city life at all. I think it's a personal thing really. Best bet is to come down on an open day and if you'll love it then you'll know, that's what happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyan~)
    you have to pay for carier bags in wales now, this may or may not be a deal breaker....
    I wouldn't care. I've been having to do that in Aldi and M&S for a couple of years now, makes no difference. Scotland, y'know?

Don't know much about Aberyswyth, except that my godfather's girlfriend went there about 20 years ago, and she said it was frozen in time and seemed to be a couple of decades behind everywhere else. :lol: She didn't like it, but bear in mind this was 20 years ago.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.