Turn on thread page Beta

I can't cope anymore!! watch

Announcements

I just need to get this off my chest.

I graduated last year and I'm now working as a dentist.

I have already failed VT due to being off sick for 6 weeks and I'm struggling to cope on my extra job. I have been warned very sternly that I can't be off sick.

Everytime I eat I get horrendous stomach pain and nausea. I have chronic stomach pain and diarrhea. I also have an auto-immune disorder. This massively interferes with my job as I feel unwell about 80% of the day.

I used to cope well with it but recently, I think with the added pressure that I cannot be off sick at all (I wasn't even allowed to attend my hospital check up!), I am finding that I can't cope. I'm constantly anxious, I don't even want to leave the house anymore, nothing is enjoyable because I'm in pain all the time, or when I'm not, I'm worrying about the next episode.

Every lunchtime I struggle to eat, have no appetite, and end up spending my lunch hour crying in the car.

I don't know what to do anymore. My life is literally falling apart.

Just had to get that out, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    May i ask if you declared this before you started working? If you did i think its classed as discrimination (dont quote me on this), if not certainly the situation is very unfair. I would seek advice from your union rep or occupational health, you have a right to seek medical care. See what they say and hopefully you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:

Life sucks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.