Turn on thread page Beta

Should I apply to Warwick for Economics? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 A*s, 4 As, a B and a C at GCSE. Then i got 3 As (Economics, Maths, Psychology) and a B (Physics) in my AS Levels. My predicted grades for A Level are A*(Econ), A* (Maths) and A (Psychology). I'm going to be applying for Economics.

I recently noticed that the Warwick Economics requirements had changed from A*AAb to A*AAa, meaning that technically I no longer meet the requirements. What are my chances of receiving an offer from Warwick now? Should I still bother applying, or should i rethink?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How exactly do you not meet the requirements. You're predicted A*A*A and you have a b at AS so its A*A*Ab

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I recently noticed that the Warwick Economics requirements had changed from A*AAb to A*AAa, meaning that technically I no longer meet the requirements.
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    How exactly do you not meet the requirements. You're predicted A*A*A and you have a b at AS so its A*A*Ab

That's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)

They changed it from A*AAb to A*AAa.

So the OP no longer technically meets the requirements... as OP got aaab for AS.

I would say get in touch with the admissions office, but realistically, as it is probably one of the most oversubscribed courses in the country they can afford to be that picky and you might be auto-rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Understood

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2011

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.