Turn on thread page Beta

I want to refund/exchange a shirt, but... watch

Well, I want to exchange a shirt for a smaller size as the current one is too big for me. I've not actually worn this shirt out, I've only tried it on, but after having kept it for three days it has become creased.

Can I still return/exchange it?

ReputationRep:
    Ring the shop and ask them

ReputationRep:
    OFC you can.. as long as it has the label?
    and maybe iron it for safe measure?

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

(Original post by POWW!)
    OFC you can.. as long as it has the label?
    and maybe iron it for safe measure?
    Yes, it still has the tag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Yes, it still has the tag.
    Then you can

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you have a right to return/exhange within 28 days provided the product is in reasonable condition, and it being creased shouldn't comprimise that.

(Original post by POWW!)
    Then you can
    Okay, it's just I just kept it in a rucksack for three days.

ReputationRep:
    You could always iron it.

(Original post by Fields)
    You could always iron it.
    Can't they?

ReputationRep:
    such a pointless thread/forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Can't they?
    Do it yourself for heavens sake, you're the one that creased it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamF1992)
    Yeah, you have a right to return/exhange within 28 days provided the product is in reasonable condition, and it being creased shouldn't comprimise that.
    Actually you have no right like that. If the item is not damaged it's perfectly within a shops legal rights to refuse to take it back. I say this working in retail and having studied law.

HOWEVER, many shops DO have a policy where they will happily return unworn clothing within 28 days. The place I work in offers a full exchange/refund no questions really asked as long as you have your receipt. If you don't have a receipt but the tags are still on, you can still get a full exchange/store credit. the details are usually on your receipt so have a look and fail that, just walk in and ask. They won't be offended, and every shops policy is different!

ReputationRep:
    A seconder of Jessticles.

You have no right for an exchange or refund for a shop bought item unless it is faulty.

Most of the posters on here are totally ignorant of the 1979 Sale of Goods Act.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...t/your-rights/

Well, I got a refund.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.