Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of hand-painted pieces of art that I want to frame and put up on the wall. Roughly about 2 metres by 1 meter and 2 metres by 0.5 meters. I dont want anything fancy, I just want these to be hung up, but even the cheapest of frames cost loads?! Any ideas what I can do? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe make your own?

ReputationRep:
    Just buy one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Just buy one!
    pay like £200 for a frame when the painting it self costed about £10 to do..? Nah id rather cheaper alternatives. Id just put the painting up by itself but that looks weird! it needs definition on the edges..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)
    pay like £200 for a frame when the painting it self costed about £10 to do..? Nah id rather cheaper alternatives. Id just put the painting up by itself but that looks weird! it needs definition on the edges..
    If the cheapest frame you can find is £200 then you must be looking around in Harrods or something. In normal shops like M&S, Next and Argos they sell frames for little as £5, you're not looking in the right places and if you are, you're not looking properly.

Conclusively it's evident you're a troll, who makes threads about picture frames at midnight (apologise if you're not in the UK) however, you're still trolling.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go along to a framers and see how much they quote you - if you just want a plain frame then I doubt it'll cost anything near £200, even if the paintings are quite big.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    If the cheapest frame you can find is £200 then you must be looking around in Harrods or something. In normal shops like M&S, Next and Argos they sell frames for little as £5, you're not looking in the right places and if you are, you're not looking properly.

Conclusively it's evident you're a troll, who makes threads about picture frames at midnight (apologise if you're not in the UK) however, you're still trolling.
    Yes, well done! that, sir, is exactly what I am. You do realise i small standard photo frame costs a minimum of £5? this is the 4x6in photos we're talking of. Now imagine this but about 20 times bigger in width and 10 times bigger in height. Considering it is a non standard size its hard to find a frame for! So getting a customised one is crazy expensive.. i was looking for something like £20 maybe, i really dont mind if the frame is very basic.. (all i care about is the painting and i want it up).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)
    Yes, well done! that, sir, is exactly what I am. You do realise i small standard photo frame costs a minimum of £5? this is the 4x6in photos we're talking of. Now imagine this but about 20 times bigger in width and 10 times bigger in height. Considering it is a non standard size its hard to find a frame for! So getting a customised one is crazy expensive.. i was looking for something like £20 maybe, i really dont mind if the frame is very basic.. (all i care about is the painting and i want it up).
    Just found what you're looking for £15 including shipping (it's a wooden one on some American site and has good reviews).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.