Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At night since the 23rd the house across the sidestreet from my room makes a lot of noise: just general shouting, banging and playing music. This is probably annoying everyone near it.
    I didn't mind on Friday and Saturday night because I was staying up late too and it was a Friday/Saturday. But everyone in my house needs to be up for some meeting at 09:30 and they're still making a ridiculous amount of noise now, at 01:16.
    Is there some sort of Hull accommodation number or something to get someone to shut them up as they're keeping everyone awake. >:

ReputationRep:
    Hi - if you're worried it'll keep going, there should be a warden/contact with an email and number. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    rather than telling us guys on here, go tell the guys making the noise, how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with people, get out your ****ing bed, and tell the guy nicely to turn the music down.

Do you not have a mouth?

ReputationRep:
    You should ask them first nice and calmly, explain you have meetings etc to go to and you would appreciate it if they kept the noise down so you could sleep. If the problem persists then go to the warden/pastoral tutor to talk about how best to solve the situation. Generally things calm down after the first week, it's always going to be manic and loud the first week as it is pretty much the week you can get drunk and not have to worry about the assignment you haven't started and is due in in about 5 hours. If after this week the problem is still really bad, then go and take the matter further

ReputationRep:
    Thats awful.

ReputationRep:
    PERSONONS TO TALK TO:

- House tutor
    - Accommodation Office, 2nd Floor, University House

I wouldn't go directly to the people there because, if you describe them that noisy, they might get aggressive!

ReputationRep:
    When I hovered the cursor over the thread and saw the number 23 in the blurb box I panicked for a second and thought 'we're not that bad are we?' :P

ReputationRep:
    That sucks where are you living?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    That sucks where are you living?
    I don't think it's just ''a situation'', many people on Cranbrook Avenue have to endure this almost every single night.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.