Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So lately I've been sleeping way too much, like 12-13 hours.
    It annoys me so bad, I never have energy and I always miss out on days cause I wake up too late to be bothered to do anything.
    Anyone got any idea why I could easily sleep 12-13 hours everyday if I didn't have work/uni? I'm in good shape and I'm quite happy.
    Thanks

how much do u eat? sleeping i love but excessive sleep will make u more tired try setting a routine set an alarm etc.

ReputationRep:
    I don't eat much really, lots of junk food then not eat for 6-8 hours and repeat haha.
    I don't really have a routine as my shifts are always different, can go from nightshift to earlys in the space of a few days.

ReputationRep:
    Wake up at 9am everyday for the next two weeks. It doesn't matter in the first few days if you fall asleep late. You will eventually get tired enough to fall asleep at a proper time. Don't eat or drink anything 4 hours before bed. Write down everything on your mind (things you need to do etc.) half an hour before bed. This should fix your sleeping pattern.

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar symptom. I think it can be caused by a whole number of things, but in my case I had both an underactive thyroid and an iron deficiency. Best thing to do is go to the doctor's if it's getting in the way of your life.

ReputationRep:
    Try not to listen to music before you go to bed as it will make you think, and try light exercising. Stay up all day until it's proper bed time and wake up 7-8 hours later, don't stay asleep for too long. Go to the doctor, as it might be anemia or something else.

ReputationRep:
    You've slipped into an unfortunate sleeping pattern. Start a sleeping regime where you either wake up at the same time every day or go to sleep at the same time every day. That way you will fall into getting the amount of sleep your body needs.

Also, make sure you start on an evening pre-sleep habit. Cut out technology for the hour before bed and don't eat or drink anything stimulating (no coffee etc.) and make sure that you don't have too much reeling over your mind - writing it out or sorting it out quickly is the best way.

ReputationRep:
    chamomile tea will knock you right out (for 8 hours) if not have 2 cups

ReputationRep:
    I was really sleepy for a while. Actually came home from school and would just nap for a couple of hours. Felt great actually. But that's cos I was stressed, my reaction to stress seems to be sleeping more. :lol:

Probably something to do with the junk food. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    try about 15 min of loving kindness meditation and then go to sleep, for some reason i can wake up without an alarm and im not sleepy at all

hope it works for you too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.