Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A Boggart is a mythical creature in Harry Potter that turns into whatever the person is most afraid of. I imagine alot of people on TSR probly share Hermione's Boggart.
    What would yours be?
    It can be a person in your life you are particular scared of (like Neville and Snape).
    A phobia such as spiders or snakes.
    A creature such a zombie, mummy, demon or a vampire (although nowadays thats probly what turns people on most not what they are most afraid of).
    A situation such as dead family members or yourself dead.
    Anything really, remember how Lupin's was a moon.

But it has to be something you actually afraid of being near you or happening. For me when I was younger I used to have a fear of being raped, so it would have probly turned it a rapist advancing on me with knife, but now I have no idea what it would be. The idea of it turning into turning into IT the Clown :eek: is pretty ****ing terrifying or maybe a huge vicious creature like a lion.

Also if you have any idea how to Riddikulus what you are most afraid of into something funny then please share. Cus I don't see how a spider with no legs is funny, to me that is just disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    The dark, and a creaking step ......

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of a world-wide zombie apocalypse, so it would probably turn into a mothertrucking zombie... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    A giant wasp

EDIT: Or a giant swarm of normal-sized ones.

ReputationRep:
    Death of a close family member, without doubt.

ReputationRep:
    A landslide of baked beans :|
    Why do I have to have weird phobias?

ReputationRep:
    "Yo mama is so fat her boggart would be a salad."

Probably a large bottle of tomato ketchup with the lid half off and that gooey-dried-up-bit on the exposed rim that looks like it's about to spill on you :afraid:

(Original post by Lovefoxxx_93)
    A giant wasp
    Or this. Actually, more likely an invisible wasp (or swarm) that you can just hear perenially so close to your ear.

ReputationRep:
    Either:

Death of partner
    Windy roads on cliff edges
    Rapist
    Or Hermione's :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lacelicker)
    The dark, and a creaking step ......
    Same :eek:

ReputationRep:
    A giant wolf spider, those ****ers are the worst of the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Myself. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Spider.

Erm, my riddikulus spell would be....rubbish. The only possible way to make it funny would be to turn it into a complelty different object, like Russell Howard. Yes. I would turn my scary spider into Russell Howard making a joke. Or it would never disappear.

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely sure that mine would be the same as Molly's, all of my family dead.

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't know... I kinda wanna meet one now just to find out

Oh and what was hermiones? Damn my lack of Harry potter knowledge

ReputationRep:
    Probably a tall building with spiders on the ground floor, Sarah Palin on the second floor and a plane taking off on the roof.

Yeah I'm full of phobias

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a spider, I am absolutely terrified of them at the moment. I wish I could get over it

For Riddikulus it is pretty hard... if it's at all spidery still then I would be scared. I suppose the spell would make it something non-spidery. Maybe if it turned in to a cartoon spider and tied itself in knots/spelt out words or something it might be ok (as it wouldn't seem real).

xxx

EDIT: Although thinking about it, I'd say being alone because the people I love are gone was my worst fear... it's kind of hard. It's like losing the people I love is my worst fear in reality, but my arachnophobia is so bad it stops me living my life normally on a daily basis whereas fear of losing people only affects me every so often. It's a hard one.

ReputationRep:
    Being blindfolded really tightly so I can't get it off with wasps buzzing around my head. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alotties)
    A landslide of baked beans :|
    Why do I have to have weird phobias?
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    so bad it stops me living my life normally on a daily basis.
    Seriously? Damnn

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2012
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.