The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Languages 2012 anybody?!

Anybody else applying to Leeds for languages?!

German here, :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anybody? :tongue:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Applying for French/Politics joint honours! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jamie_jca
Applying for French/Politics joint honours! :smile:

Cool! :biggrin:
maybe see you there!!
is it your first choice? 2nd? or what? :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by JakeE10
Cool! :biggrin:
maybe see you there!!
is it your first choice? 2nd? or what? :biggrin:

Probably putting it as 1st choice, although i'm not 100% yet. I'm thinking here, Sheffield or Nottingham mainly and I like Leeds the best. Definately more passionate about the Politics half though, I just think French is such a great degree/skill to have :P
Hey :smile:

I'm applying to do German at Leeds too! Are you doing joint honours or single honours? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by sianroughley
Hey :smile:

I'm applying to do German at Leeds too! Are you doing joint honours or single honours? :smile:

Hey,

Single honours! what about you?

:smile:
Same :smile:. There doesn't same to be that many people that just do single honours German! Are you looking forward to it? :smile:
Reply 8
Same :smile:. There doesn't same to be that many people that just do single honours German! Are you looking forward to it? :smile:

I know! I don't know why :tongue:

Yeah I am, are you definitely applying to Leeds?
It's my first choice so I really really hope I get an offer!!

Yeah Leeds is also my first choice :smile: I loved it at the open day :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah Leeds is also my first choice :smile: I loved it at the open day :smile:

ahh cool! Well I'm predicted ABC and the entry requirements are ABC/BBB aren't they so i really hope I get an offer!! what about your predictions?

Ah that's good! I'm predicted A* in English Language, A in German and B in History - just hope I actually get that haha! :smile:
Reply 12
Ah that's good! I'm predicted A* in English Language, A in German and B in History - just hope I actually get that haha! :smile:

ahh you do 2 of the same subjects as me!! I'm predicted A in German, B in English Language and a C in Economics! What did you get at AS?

and where else are you applying?

Ah awesome :biggrin: I got an A in German and English and a B in History and Law :smile: you? I'm applying to Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham and King's College London :smile: howabout you?
Reply 14
I got a B in German (wasn't far off an A - my speaking was an A but written exam pulled it down, re-sitting it) a B in English Language (A in coursework but a C in the exam :s) and a D in Economics but was only a few marks off a C. I didn't really take it seriously last year and regret it now!! and I'm applying to leeds, reading, hull and chester - don't know about last choice yet! :smile:
Ahh right okay :smile: i'm resitting German too to try and get a higher A in the summer :smile: what exam board are you with for it?

Do you not fancy applying to Manchester? Or would you prefer to move away? I quite liked it there, i think it'll be my second choice
Reply 16
Manchester would be my first choice if I had high enough predicted grades! I was going to apply but they recently raised the entry requirements from ''ABB-BBC'' to ''AAB-BBB'' which means I can no longer apply so that's quite annoying! :/

and I'm with WJEC for German, what about you?

Ahh right :/ i'd prefer to move away to be honest. The closest place i'm applying to is Liverpool which is like 20 mins on the train.

Yeah same :biggrin:
Reply 18
Ahh right :/ i'd prefer to move away to be honest. The closest place i'm applying to is Liverpool which is like 20 mins on the train.

Yeah same :biggrin:

ahh cool! where are you from? I'm actually from manchester :smile:

what percentage did you get overall in german?

Widnes, it's about 15 miles from Liverpool and 25 miles from Manchester :smile:.

I got 167 UMS points, i don't know what the percentage is haha. You? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest