Turn on thread page Beta

Funding a postgraduate in the USA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of studying for my postgrad (associates degree in usa terms) next year but would like some financial aid (if any) does anyone know of any scholarships/grants/loans etc that could be useful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redrabbit)
    I am thinking of studying for my postgrad (associates degree in usa terms) next year but would like some financial aid (if any) does anyone know of any scholarships/grants/loans etc that could be useful?
    But an associates degree is an undergraduate degree...right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beefmaster)
    But an associates degree is an undergraduate degree...right?
    Yeah thats right. Its like the foundation degree or Btec Higher national diploma in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redrabbit)
    What you're looking for is a masters degree not an associates degree. I have tried to look for funding for a masters for myself but have only found the Full bright which is extremely hard to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gutterville)
    What you're looking for is a masters degree not an associates degree. I have tried to look for funding for a masters for myself but have only found the Full bright which is extremely hard to get.
    What sort of masters are you looking to fund?

For the ones I am applying for this year (professional schools of International Relations) they have great funding packages for all students...even internationals. You need a few years of work experience in an international organisation and good languages. But it is always an option if you want to study in the US.

ReputationRep:
    Huh? An Associate's Degree is an UG degree in the States, not a Master's. In the US system, it's AA --> BA --> MA.

I'm a little confused.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.