Turn on thread page Beta

How do you deal with dandruff watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have dark hair so it really stands out if i have a few specks of dandruff
    what can i do ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Head and Shoulders anti-druff shampoo
    Although it does strip your colour if you have dyed hair.

ReputationRep:
    Dye your hair white.

ReputationRep:
    I have been using it for the last three days , i see little improvement but il just go with it and stay patient! thanks

ReputationRep:
    My head = Dale Farm
    Dandruff = Travellers

Shampoo = Bailiffs

:bear:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Wash your with cooler water, hot water tends to dry out your scalp = more dandruff

Also, don't overdo the shampooing, it strips your hair of natural oil = more dandruff

ReputationRep:
    HEAD AND SHOULDERS, it's amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svpreme)
    Wash your with cooler water, hot water tends to dry out your scalp = more dandruff

Also, don't overdo the shampooing, it strips your hair of natural oil = more dandruff
    That makes sense to me , Thank you ! Il let you know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    I had REALLY bad dandruff when i was younger. Honestly, looked like i constantly had snow on my head. Urghh :/ I used Nizoral (I think it's spelled like this) and it worked WONDERS Obviously not dandruff free after one use but it certainly worked and wasnt as harsh on me as H&S
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Head & Shoulders and a flat cap.
    I also have very very long hair for a guy so it's something of a problem to remove flakes as I tie my hair back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damilola)
    HEAD AND SHOULDERS, it's amazing
    Yes, as long as you vow to use if forever.

Sometimes dandruff is fungal and if you take medication, you can get rid of it forever.
    If it's not fungal, there are ways to combat it too, but I'm no expert.

I used to have it and I used to use a warm mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice for a scalp massage every week. Or sometimes I used yoghurt instead. Worked pretty well for me.
    Regular washing helps too. But to avoid dryness, which usually causes dandruff, applying hair oil half an hour earlier does work magic.

ReputationRep:
    Cycling eighty miles per week seems to have all-but eliminated mine.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.