Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just wondering if somebody can help me out with the following:

For my AH Chemistry project I want to research Vitamin C degredation in various fruit juices and conditions, however, I'm having a little trouble with one of my methods:

I want to try using DCPIP (2,6-dichlorophenol indophenol) to determine Vitamin C concentrations, but i'm having alot of trouble with a couple of things:

1- Finding the (a) correct method (I'm not sure about determining the end point, and I'll probably be using a 1% DCPIP solution and, for testing the method, 1% Vitamin C solution as well)

2- Finding a balanced equation for the reaction which takes place between DCPIP and Vitamin C so I can determine concentration(s) at the end of the reaction

Please reply here or send me a pm if you can help me out, thanks alot!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 27, 2011

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.