This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I DONE THE AVCE PAPER (UNIT TWO COMPETITIVE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT) IN JANUARY 2003 AND GOT A GRADE 'E'. I HAVE STARTED TO REVISE FOR THE REPEAT EXAM IN JUNE 2003. GOING THROUGH REVISION BOOKS AND WORK IN CLASS I DONT KNOW WHERE I AHVE WENT WRONG. I PUT A LOT OF DETAIL INTO ANSWERS AND I KNOW THE SYLLABUS PRETTY WELL AS WELL. I THINNK I WENT WRONG WITH EXAM TECJNIQUE. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE USE OF EXAM TECHNIQUE IN AVCE BUSINESS PAPERS?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i know exactly what u mean i was four marks off a D and, i couldnt believe the result i got!
J-Jay
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I DONE THE AVCE PAPER (UNIT TWO COMPETITIVE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT) IN JANUARY 2003 AND GOT A GRADE 'E'. I HAVE STARTED TO REVISE FOR THE REPEAT EXAM IN JUNE 2003. GOING THROUGH REVISION BOOKS AND WORK IN CLASS I DONT KNOW WHERE I AHVE WENT WRONG. I PUT A LOT OF DETAIL INTO ANSWERS AND I KNOW THE SYLLABUS PRETTY WELL AS WELL. I THINNK I WENT WRONG WITH EXAM TECJNIQUE. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE USE OF EXAM TECHNIQUE IN AVCE BUSINESS PAPERS?
u try to hard, its not how much you have written in your exam is how u write it. make the examiner think that u know what u are talkin about and try not to ramble about nothing on the subject. Dont put too much pressure on ur self and revise the demand and quantity theories and make sure u answer all the questions on the paper even if u dont know the answer cuz a guess cud get u a mark & a mark is better than no mark.
J-Jay
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
u try to hard, its not how much you have written in your exam is how u write it. make the examiner think that u know what u are talkin about and try not to ramble about nothing on the subject. Dont put too much pressure on ur self and revise the demand and quantity theories and make sure u answer all the questions on the paper even if u dont know the answer cuz a guess cud get u a mark & a mark is better than no mark. i got a B in dat paper without revision
gemma
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i did the unit 2 paper last year and i got an A, to gain those really easy vital marks i would suggest using your knowledge of the syllabus and adding definitions of what the question refers to whereever possible for example if your are asked a question on a 'loss leader' give a definition of what it is and you have got a mark. The rest should flow on from that.

I would also advise learning off by heart all of the 'demand and supply' graphs together with any other graphs as these are also areas of the exam where you could pick up essentail easy marks, hope that helps a bit!
kayecollins
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
hi please can you help me i have my exam for the competitive market in January and i am really stuck so please can you help me because you have already sat the exam thank you
business_freak
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey peeps has ne one done industrial relations for business if so plz help me lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads