Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

I have an interview for ICT PGCE secondary flexible at EdgeHill after 2 weeks, I'm a bit worried about it, I keep reading books about ICT, reading about new policies, software, ect...

Prepared presentation as required for max. 10 min 5 slides.

Any ideas what are the questions and what r they looking for in selection process?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They will most likely ask you what you would do in certain situations, such as "What would you do with a pupil who refuses to give you their mobile phone?" These were quite popular at my interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just a point of caution - make sure that your presentation still 'works' without the use of powerpoint, ie: Have handouts printed of crucial slides. I turned up to my PGCE interview last year with a PP presentation as instructed, to be told that there were no facilities available that day! That also happened to other people on my course, so I think that they may have been 'testing' us! Also, make sure that your presentation doesn't run over..sounds obvious, but some peoples on my interview did. O, and we all watched each others presentations, so be prepared for that.

I didn't find the interview half as daunting as I thought that it would be though
    I'm doing English, but a lot of the questions we about teaching in general,
    ie - What do you think that we would like to see if we came to observe you teaching? (Answer, that the pupils are engaged with their work and are all learning)
    There were questions about differentiation, and also how I would teach certain aspects of the curriculum.

Best of luck

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Edge Hill University resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.