Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone help me! I have just moved into Lancaster city centre (I am an off-campus student), and there seems to be no student-friendly washing and drying facilities in the city centre. If anyone knows of any local places walking distance from the city centre please tell me!

Also, I think that if there are none, then I will have to use the on-campus laundrettes. However, I don't know if this is allowed for off-campus students. If I do use on-campus facilities, which colleges machines do you recommend? I have seen another thread with some complaints about the washing machines, however it is now outdated (2009).

Please respond if you can suggest any advice or help.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where in town you are. There's a laundrette on Scotforth Road (the A6) but it's a walk south on the way to campus. Or there's one nearer the town centre near Moor Lane.
    You can use any on campus laundrette, they are OK and it's not too difficult to get a machine most of the time, there are only problems when machines break down as it can take a while to fix them.
    There is one at Chancellor's Wharf but I think it's residents only.
    I don't know if non-residents would be allowed to use the laundrettes at Uni of Cumbria (on Bowerham Road), but I don't see why not, unless they are kept locked who would know?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for responding. Could you possibly give me more details about the one near Moor Lane? Such as name, address/postcode, phone number, website etc. Anything that might help me.

ReputationRep:
    Try this link; http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=moo...ed=0CFkQtQMwAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowgirl61862)
    Thanks for responding. Could you possibly give me more details about the one near Moor Lane? Such as name, address/postcode, phone number, website etc. Anything that might help me.
    It's called "Stonewell" and it's on the Stonewell, which is part of the one way system running between the bottom of Church Street and the end of Moor Lane. Having said which, I can't see it on Google Street View so it might not be there any more.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've found one on google maps next to Aldcliffe Stores, so I'm going to visit that tomorrow. Hopefully that will become my regular becuse it's very local to me. I'll post again once I've been. Thanks for the suggestions xx

ReputationRep:
    The one on Aldcliffe Road is ideal for me, I've just got back with some nice clean clothes Thank you everyone who responded! xxx

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.